Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    nothing's Avatar Habitual Failure
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    When I'm sad or depressed I watch the most miserable, brutal movies I can find. If I'm going to be sad, I'm going to do it 100%.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well [BEEP] responsibilities
    Funny! RIP Rik, Sorry I missed this post. It's kind of a weird week for me. I know of one other person in their 50's who basically just dropped dead this week. She was my kids pre-school teacher, 59. My favorite episode was where Rik was trying to be popular. The "Show of hands, who likes me bit is so funny." Also his dancing. got to love that. I'm feeling old.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't tend to watch movies when I'm sad. If I needed a cry I'd do Marley and me, war horse, dumbo (the scene with the mum and dumbo gets me every time) or saving private Ryan. Anything to do with dad's as well I get quite upset about eg the croods but I understand that's just because my dad was away my whole childhood and I'm starting to adjust to him being here and don't want him to go away again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    SadSad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A Clockwork Orange...I feel so weird saying that...

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Evie2420 View Post
    A Clockwork Orange...I feel so weird saying that...
    Yeah! I watch that a lot as well! Obviously not a happy movie, but it's fantastic. It's also one of my favorite books, that's great too. Better than the movie actually, Stanley Kubrick left out the entire last chapter while making the movie.

I don't think you're weird for saying that, but I'm weird myself, so maybe that doesn't mean much

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    SadSad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote nothing View Post
    Yeah! I watch that a lot as well! Obviously not a happy movie, but it's fantastic. It's also one of my favorite books, that's great too. Better than the movie actually, Stanley Kubrick left out the entire last chapter while making the movie.

I don't think you're weird for saying that, but I'm weird myself, so maybe that doesn't mean much
    I have both the book and movie, but I have to say I prefer the movie over the book. It's one of the rare times I say I like the movie over the book.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Evie2420 View Post
    I have both the book and movie, but I have to say I prefer the movie over the book. It's one of the rare times I say I like the movie over the book.
    It is a great movie, one of my favorites, but I still find myself thinking of the last chapter of the book when the movie ends abruptly. I guess the last chapter wouldn't have made for good cinema.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I typically avoid touchy-feely movies like the plague. I nearly had a seizure in the theatre when I took my daughter and her bff to see the Twilight Saga. I will turn completely hostile if made to sit through a John Green/Nicholas Sparks movie.

Anyhoo, when I'm sad I default to stand up comedy. I dvr a ton of stand up - Bill Burr, Dave Chappelle, what's his name Hughley, George Lopez, etc.

I also really enjoy cat videos.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Black, comedy, movies about self discovery. Also like plinky (not a real word, I know) piano music when down.

If just a little down then I love stand-up comedy to cheer me up.

But otherwise, I need to go all the way down and possibly cry before I get happy again.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't really get to watch movies that much anymore. Certainly not whenever I feel like. But the Twilight movies always lift my spirits.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Classics such as Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory as well as Slappy & The Stinkers. Anything from my childhood/90's mostly. They just help me remember when things were more simple.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.