Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Acts of Kindness

What act of kindness have you done today?

Small acts of kindness can change a persons day. We know that when we fell down and some one, be it a stranger or otherwise, does something nice for us it can make us feel a little better. Why not be the one who does something nice for someone. I came upon this website http://www.kindspring.org/ and I love it.

You can order these cards for free that you give to someone when you do something kind for them and they have to pass it on
    http://www.kindspring.org/smilecards/

There is also a 21 day kindness challenge which I think I will try and keep you all posted. IF anyone else wants to do it with me I would love that. I am doing this in order to keep my spirits up after a hard few days.
    http://www.kindspring.org/21day/

Love you all
    L.x
    life---> <---me

Inscrutable Banana's Avatar Diggin' My Potatoes
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It has been a while since I've been out of the house long enough for there to be a chance of me having an opportunity to help some random stranger. The last instance, which was quite a while ago, was moving a shopping cart out of a parking space someone was trying to pull into so they didn't have to pick another spot or get out and do it themselves. They leaned out of their window and thanked me before I got too far away. I think I remember helping an elderly lady get something that was on a high shelf shortly after I entered the store as well.

A kind gesture can certainly do a lot to brighten someones day, no matter how small.
    “Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    your act of kindness was the only bright spot in a truly awful day. Thank you.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I didn't do anything kind today. I got tired of listening to customers complain and talked over them --consequently pissed them off. I don't care.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Inscrutable Banana View Post
    It has been a while since I've been out of the house long enough for there to be a chance of me having an opportunity to help some random stranger. The last instance, which was quite a while ago, was moving a shopping cart out of a parking space someone was trying to pull into so they didn't have to pick another spot or get out and do it themselves. They leaned out of their window and thanked me before I got too far away. I think I remember helping an elderly lady get something that was on a high shelf shortly after I entered the store as well.

A kind gesture can certainly do a lot to brighten someones day, no matter how small.
    You know you can do simple acts of kindness from your home too and it doesn't have to be a stranger.
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote chantellabella View Post
    your act of kindness was the only bright spot in a truly awful day. Thank you.
    Your welcome sweety, it is my third sense lol
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Misssy View Post
    I didn't do anything kind today. I got tired of listening to customers complain and talked over them --consequently pissed them off. I don't care.
    ....and some days we just need to piss everyone off lol
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I always feel that doing things for strangers is my way of feeling that I belong in the community and it also make me feel good about myself.

Always look behind me before letting the door close or opening the door for someone with a child and even getting things from a high place for everyone too.

I've also started a social group in Leicester for anyone who finds social situations difficult, but are looking to find understanding friendships.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote DarenA38 View Post
    I always feel that doing things for strangers is my way of feeling that I belong in the community and it also make me feel good about myself.

Always look behind me before letting the door close or opening the door for someone with a child and even getting things from a high place for everyone too.

I've also started a social group in Leicester for anyone who finds social situations difficult, but are looking to find understanding friendships.
    I agree, these actions are so simple yet mean a lot to someone - it is sad to think that people wouldn't do them. Also how is the group going?
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote lasair View Post
    I agree, these actions are so simple yet mean a lot to someone - it is sad to think that people wouldn't do them. Also how is the group going?
    The group is going really well, Helping other is sometimes the best way to also help yourself, I have come to believe that The Musketeers social group is going to be a big help in my own recovery. I hope that it helps every other member in the same way!!..

Thanks for asking

Inscrutable Banana's Avatar Diggin' My Potatoes
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote lasair View Post
    You know you can do simple acts of kindness from your home too and it doesn't have to be a stranger.
    True, and I do try when an opportunity arises. That being said, there's only so much one can do from the confines of their room, but any little thing can do some good.
    “Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

VickieKitties's Avatar Living irl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I frequently make small donations at www.kiva.org, usually to farmers to buy seeds and stuff like that. My last donation is nearly paid off by now. Investing in impoverished farmers is something I can really get behind. The donations are often quite small, so everybody should consider using $5 to improve someone's quality of life.

Natey's Avatar Fightin' For Freedom
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would love to do RAM (Random Acts of Kindness) more often, but my anxiety holds me back.. I think I just need to realize that it doesn't matter how they take it, all that matters is that my intentions are pure.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Today I seen a man pick up something a cyclist dropped and ran after him to return to - made me smile for the day.

I baked cookies for my family today.
    life---> <---me

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.