Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I feel like I have nothing to gain by being a good neighbor sometimes

When I first started living in an apartment, it was on campus at school. I lived around a bunch of girls in a coed dorm so everyone was very quiet. I was actually the loudest person around lol.

Then I moved to an apartment off campus and some of my neighbors were really loud. They would stay up late watching TV, listening to loud music, or yelling with their friends. I was the only one making any effort towards being quiet because I didn't want to disturb other people while living close to them. When I couldn't take it anymore, I reported one of my neighbors to the leasing office and someone came out to talk to my neighbor twice. After the second time the noises stopped for a while. When I decided I had enough, I didn't go through that trouble again since I was going to be moving out pretty soon.

I moved to a bigger city to an expensive apartment. My neighbors were very quiet. I think the fact that our apartments were very big had a lot to do with it. (about 800-900 sq ft). Now I've moved to another big city and my apartment is smaller. It means that whatever sound I had in my apartment previously is compressed so it sounds like I'm louder. Of course this might annoy some of my neighbors but they're also loud. They don't care if they're loud and if what they do annoys their neighbors, so why should I care?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have an annoying neighbor who sings Sonny and Cher's songs rather badly. She's loud and has a voice like Roseanne. Oh, also she is naturally loud and her voice carries pretty far. I don't hear her too much anymore. I think I've learned to ignore her like a background noise. One of my daughters friend recently asked "Who is that? "and we were all like "What?" Oh it's Mrs. K. She is probably nearing 70.

When we first moved in. I tried to be nicer to her, but she is truly a "mean" person. She can be nice, but I really don't do well with "mean" people. She always has something nasty to vent about someone, at least in my past encounters, which since I rarely talk to her now, maybe once a year or less isn't stressing me out.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote merc View Post
    I have an annoying neighbor who sings Sonny and Cher's songs rather badly. She's loud and has a voice like Roseanne. Oh, also she is naturally loud and her voice carries pretty far. I don't hear her too much anymore. I think I've learned to ignore her like a background noise. One of my daughters friend recently asked "Who is that? "and we were all like "What?" Oh it's Mrs. K. She is probably nearing 70.

When we first moved in. I tried to be nicer to her, but she is truly a "mean" person. She can be nice, but I really don't do well with "mean" people. She always has something nasty to vent about someone, at least in my past encounters, which since I rarely talk to her now, maybe once a year or less isn't stressing me out.
    That doesn't work in my experience

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Since one of my neighbors is so awful (in many ways) I think I'm going to move out when my lease is up. Not just to a different building, but to a different neighborhood.

I put up with her crap because I want to be a good neighbor but this is enough.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote toaster little View Post
    That doesn't work in my experience
    Here neither, so I can understand where you're coming from. I have to tell my neighbors to please be quiet. They're scared of me, so just knocking on their door usually quiets them considerably, at least for a week or two. The problem is, they have zero impulse control, so even if they scold one another into silence, it's only after one of them starts to yell and scream.

To be fair, they're a family of four adults in a single-bedroom flat with no doors. At all . They have 100 square feet. I'm in a two-bedroom right beside them with 900 square feet, living by myself, so sometimes I think the situation makes them jealous and angry.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.