Thread: I blush easily

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I blush easily

I hate it when i can't control myself. One of those instances is when i blush in front of people. Just recently, i was teased by this girl (who was this sales representative from one of our suppliers) i barely know her but i've seen her drop by the office a few times.

It happened while i was eating lunch with my co-workers, she was also invited to have lunch there with us since she's friends with a few co-workers. While they were talking, she then mentioned she was looking for another co-worker (let's call him "Jake") who i assumed she had talked to by phone. Now Jake was also there eating lunch with us, and i think they were about to point him out to the girl, when all of sudden the girl said she thought I was Jake. I was certainly surprised by that attention, and then the people there started to tease us. Trying to make something out of it. My office workers stated i was single and available. Then the girl went for the ride and jokingly showed me her hands saying she was also available. The teasing continued and i could feel my head start to warm up. I knew i was starting to blushing but i didn't know how i could keep it under control and hide it. My office workers started noticing it and pointed it out for others to notice while they continued on with their teasing. I didn't know what to say, or how to handle the situation. I just smiled a few times i guess. Just to play along. I didn't say anything and after i've finished my lunch left them. I'm not sure if i had handled that situation correctly. Part of me feels, that i may have been rude for not speaking to them, since they did try to talk to me or at least tried to get me to talk i guess. While another part of me feels that they were just joking around and i just happened to be a part of it, so no big deal.

I didn't expect anything after that. But the week after that, the girl dropped by the office again ( i heard she regularly drops by the office once a week ). I went up to have my regular lunch with my co-workers, went inside the toilet to wash my hands. I knew the girl was still busy talking to someone down at the office, so i was not really expecting anything. So while i was washing my hands, i heard my name being mentioned by one of my office mates. They were looking for me. So i came out to see why. What's up and all. Then i was surprised to see the girl there again. For my co-workers to tease me with again...

I just wish i could control it. So people won't easily be able to tease me with it. In any case, this blushing thing makes me feel really pathetic.

VickieKitties's Avatar Living irl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There used to be a guy at my job that made a habit of staring me pointedly until I blushed so hard I had to flee the room, it sucked. Once people know you're a blusher they're bound to exploit it. It's hard to try to remain calm, but that's the best thing. Try to put your mind outside of the situation at hand.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Don't worry, this is fairly common; I even have it. Anyways, the main reason we blush is because of the excellent blood flow we blushers have, meaning if you distract the rush of blood to some other body part, then it will help. At least this is my opinion, I read somewhere that if you press your stomach forward (not too much, you don't want to look pregnant... and if you are then you don't want to hurt your back). Another thing you can do is to not think about it, part of the reason we blush is because of emotions or stress so if you relax it really helps Hmmmm, oh! I know, you can also watch out because heat just worsens the blushes so if anything take off your jacket if you are wearing one. Okay, that's all of my tips so far, hope this helps! =

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Me also and I don't like it also

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It's a problem some people have more than others, I always try and distract myself with other serious thoughts or I think of remarks to say but don't say them. That way your not reacting and I've managed to control my blushing (somewhat) however it is a quality some people love so don't try and get rid of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.