Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alone for two weeks, how to cope?

At the end of the week my parents are going on vacation, this will be the 4th year they've gone & each time I've hated the whole experience! I don't want to tell them how I feel because they deserve this holiday, they work really hard throughout the year and even though I wish they weren't going I would never stop them. Over the last few days I've been feeling weird, not being able to sleep more than a few hours at night and feeling sick, having panic attacks, & generally in a constant state of worry. I'll be living alone for 2 weeks (as ironically I don't like spending a long time with friends/other family members, I find this exhausting) although I do have a dog. I just want to stop worrying because I know it's gonna make it 10 times worse. This year seems worse than the previous years and I just don't know what to do! I don't think anyone will be able to help but has anyone else went through this before? What did you do to cope?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I have been through something like this before
    I've had anxiety from quite a young age and I remember that my parents used to go away for weekends.
    My older sister saw this as a chance to get out of the house too so it was just me and my little brother with our dog.

You could invite a friend over? I know how you feel about not being able to tolerate people for a long period of time but it would possibly take away some of the worry you are experiencing.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had this issue too, back when I was 16 my mum used to leave me at home alone most weekends as she went to visit her boyfriend. I lived in a rural area at the time and didn't have access to a car so getting around wasn't easy. It was easier when my best friend stayed over but otherwise I found it pretty unnerving and didn't sleep very well at all. I guess you could invite a friend over or go to stay at a friends house. Is your dog a guard dog? Make sure that all of the doors and windows are locked, keep lights on every night to make it known that the house is not vacant, and perhaps invest in something like capsicum spray if you are worried about intruders.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Being home alone is a good thing, if you can get through the first 3 days the rest will feel like a vacation.

CeCe's Avatar Diamond Girl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HappyHappy
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The dog should help a bit. Can you pick a lot of distractions you can have? Such as movies and books to read? They might be helpful..

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Movies are always a good distraction. I'm not sure what type of movies you're into but whatever are your favourite, watch them!

Also, a major distraction is YouTube. Everytime I go on YouTube I find that I'm on there for hours just looking at random videos.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.