Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Cheesehead View Post
    Sorry for the thread hijack. Maybe I should make a new thread. how much do you jog each day? I have just started jogging...I'm not overweight but I am pretty unfit and haven't done much sport/running before, though I walk quite a bit. I am finding it really difficult to jog and get out of breath after the first four or five minutes. How long should I be aiming to jog for each day? I literally can't do more than ten minutes - is this really bad? Does it mean I should slow down and jog slower or is it better to go faster for less time?
    This is from my own experience...

1) start off slow and with a small distance. Mix up walking with jogging. Eventually increase jogging and reduce walking. When you are comfortable, increase your distance. You will find your sweet spot for speed and distance.

2) find a good route that doesn't have too many inclines. Avoid areas that may make you anxious (I avoid residential). Being relaxed is key!

3) never start off too fast if you plan to do your usual distance, you'll suffer towards the end.

4) track your jogs with an app like run keeper. This will record distance, time, average speed etc.

5) I find that listening to fun/upbeat music helps me push on to further distances. I can do 7 miles without too much trouble now.

6) go when it is cool, because you will warm up a lot when you jog.

hope that helps

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    I've started a new routine for exercise. I've been walking the dogs for 25 minutes a day and trying to go to the gym for at least an hour a week.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I bike to and from work. 6 times in total (that's there and back classed as separate trips) at the moment I'm biking to my placement as well once a week 2 times (again seep rate trips) all these journeys though last about 20 minutes.
    I also power walk my neighbours two labs twice a week for a minimum of an hour each.
    My diet isn't all that healthy however I'm trying to exclude sugary foods and substitute for fruit and veg instead of chocolates and sweets. I actually feel better physically for it despite lack of sleep and stress too hopefully I can step up to jogging and actual muscle building fat burning exercise but I've managed to loose some weight already just from diet change which is good since I gained half a stone over Christmas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keddy's Avatar The Awkward Conversationalist
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Planning on going for a walk in a little while. Before my surgeries I had been walking a lot and now I'm well enough to get back into that.
    Luckily, changing my meds and diet has helped me to lose two or three pounds lately.
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    I don't... Don't really have the motivation to. My body is built so that eating 2000 calories per day with only light activity (e.g. walking to the transit station) yields a 109 lb, 5'4" body.

But I was also equipped with an appetite that can consume 5000 calories per day easily.

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote inane View Post
    I don't... Don't really have the motivation to. My body is built so that eating 2000 calories per day with only light activity (e.g. walking to the transit station) yields a 109 lb, 5'4" body.

But I was also equipped with an appetite that can consume 5000 calories per day easily.
    I'm sorta like this, though over the past few years my metabolism has slowed way down (fuuuuck) so I've found myself making some major diet adjustments and trying to get serious about exercising. At most, I might hit 1500 calories on an average day. I'm not entirely sure though. I don't want to get too obsessed with the whole calorie counting shabang because knowing me I'll take it too far. I feel better physically with my diet adjustments too, as I've got some digestion issues. And I'm not a picky eater so healthy eating really isn't an issue. My problem is mostly lack of motivation to exercise.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    i shoot for seven days a week but average 5. i don't have a choice in the matter. emotionally I will sink like a rock if I don't.
    i also love moving. i feel like i should always be moving, like a shark. I think it's a shark.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Not enough.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    everyday.

Keddy's Avatar The Awkward Conversationalist
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Every day if I can help it. If I can't get to the gym, then hiking, walking, or skateboarding works too.
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I used to run four times a week and then a bike ride on a fifth day.

I only run three now, and the Paxil fat shows!
    I still get a bike ride in when I can,

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not enough as I should. I do go for walks sometimes, and I've made it routine to do push-ups and toning exercises, but I'm rather lazy and skip out.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Every morning, unless I'm just having a lazy day (and today I am!).

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Ironman View Post
    I used to run four times a week and then a bike ride on a fifth day.

I only run three now, and the Paxil fat shows!
    I still get a bike ride in when I can,
    *fingers crossed* this will be the fourth consecutive week where I have gotten back to up to four runs.
    Now, I need a new rear tire because I popped the innertube. I had to ride about a half-mile home on the bad tire. I just found out that I will need to go to a 'pro" bike shop because my tires aren't totally standard size. I should have realized that before trying to buy a similar tire at the drug store. It's too wide for my thin tires!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I am running/ walking 5k every second day now. I am trying to build it to a full run, I am unfit so this is a good start
    life---> <---me

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.