Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Fashion is it important or not

Fashion is it important or not?I enjoy shopping and I enjoy getting new clothes. It also strikes me as one of the most frivolous and shallow things to focus on. Is fashion essential for women to "land a husband".... because seriously some females it is a huge hobby for them: Shopping and being cute is some people's number one priority it seems. Is shopping a luxury? Is it out of touch with reality? Is it anti-social to be out of touch with fashion?Fashion changes so fast how do people keep up with it especially if one is not hanging out with a group of fashionable people etc.....

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    And furthermore....are super cute people boring....or are they truly super cute? Typing this as I watch a video of somebody modeling outfits and coach bags.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes. It shows creativity, self-expression, and gives a person confidence in himself/herself. Fashion isn't necessary to have all the time but it's still important. There are certain times where good dress style is mandatory, such as job interviews
    “When you stop blaming others for where you are in life, that is when you can start to manifest your dream life!”
    ― Stephen Richards

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Yes. But to be quite honest, I would probably punch one of those people who is totally obsessed with the color of there eye liner matching there shoes or whatever. It's more a form of self-expression that a whole load of "do not wear polyester with silk" or whatever rules, in my opinion.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    To me personally fashion is not important but to me fashion is keeping up with the latest looks or clothing that is "in fashion" for a period of time. I don't keep up with fashion or buy items just because everyone else is. On the other hand I do have a certain type of style, there are certain types of clothes I like to wear that show my personality. Dressing up, even simply wearing a dress to college makes me feel good and gives me a little confidence - I feel happy in myself!
    life---> <---me

VickieKitties's Avatar Living irl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fashion is probably the most important form of self expression for me. I spend a lot of time customizing my wardrobe to reflect my individuality.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    imho not, the latest fashion is used by people as a way to fit in, in other words sheeple, individual fashion on the other hand is important and can be very creative and shows a persons individuality and mood, people who buy clothes just to wear a few times and then throw them away (more money than sense) not to mention the environmental damage done, i buy fewer more expensive clothes that last a long time

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My answer is no. Styles change so much. Some people like to look "different." Some people like to blend in. Some people are just are out and out different and the clothes don't matter. For instance the boot cut jeans my nieces wore as teens, now that they are old "20S" pushing 30 are out out out!!!! Nerdy teens wear them. My daughter will only wear skinny.
    Wear what you like and feel comfortable in don't do it just to be in fashion. A lot of what is in style right now, I'm not liking too much. I think its ugly and most people would look better in something else, but its in style.
    If you love your 1980s' fanny pack like my Mom's friend does and still wears. Do it with pride and you know what you can tell the fashion magazines!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Actually Fanny packs are pretty in right now, I'm not interested in dressing up like a marsupial though.

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Sometimes I care what I wear but there are definitely times where I wear whatever isnt on the ground and is the most comfortable

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I don't really follow fashion. I just wear what I'm comfortable in / fits my personality, so my clothes haven't really changed in years. I don't really understand people who follow whatever fashion trend blindly, they must have a nebulous sense of personal style. Most people seem to only adopt certain aspects of trends and reject others.

Quote Trendsetter View Post
    Yes. It shows creativity, self-expression, and gives a person confidence in himself/herself. Fashion isn't necessary to have all the time but it's still important. There are certain times where good dress style is mandatory, such as job interviews
    That's more about wearing a uniform and looking ''professional'' than expressing yourself. I absolutely hate professional wear. I think it's vile and couldn't reflect my personality any less. I also don't feel confident in the slightest when I wear that stuff either. Just feel like a dog on it's hind legs.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe I wouldn't be such a fashion dork if I hadn't been wearing some shitty work uniform for the past decade. :/ Work uniforms are the worst.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote lasair View Post
    To me personally fashion is not important but to me fashion is keeping up with the latest looks or clothing that is "in fashion" for a period of time. I don't keep up with fashion or buy items just because everyone else is. On the other hand I do have a certain type of style, there are certain types of clothes I like to wear that show my personality. Dressing up, even simply wearing a dress to college makes me feel good and gives me a little confidence - I feel happy in myself!
    I agree.

If the definition of fashion is keeping up the the latest styles according to somebody's view of "style" then no, it's not important to me.
    If the definition of fashion is my self expression, then yes, it's important to me because it reflects my mood, it helps me feel more confident (if I like what I see in the mirror), and I like changing my style up because it's something new.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.