Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Cleveland kidnapper Ariel Castro dead; commits suicide in prison

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

• Prosecutor: Castro couldn't take what he dished out for a decade
    • Castro's attorney says more protection should have been provided
    • Castro lured the women into his car with the promise of a ride
    • During his sentencing, Castro played the victim

(CNN) -- Ariel Castro, who was sentenced to life plus 1,000 years for kidnapping and raping three women, as well as murder, committed suicide in his prison cell Tuesday night, the Franklin County, Ohio, coroner's office said.
    Castro hanged himself with a bedsheet, Coroner Dr. Jan Gorniak told CNN Wednesday.
    Authorities found Castro, 52, hanged in his cell at the Correctional Reception Center in Orient, Ohio, about 9:20 p.m., the state's Department of Corrections said.
    Prison medical staff tried to revive him but failed.
    Castro was taken to The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead at 10:52 p.m.
    The Cuyahoga County prosecutor had tough words in the wake of Castro's suicide.
    "These degenerate molesters are cowards," Timothy J. McGinty said. "... This man couldn't take, for even a month, a small portion of what he had dished out for more than a decade."

Snip.............

CNN : http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/04/justic...html?hpt=hp_t2

I say good riddance to this scum.
    http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    FlirtyFlirty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    More times than we know prison house justice plays out. According to the reports he was monitored on a staggered 30 minute watch. I think that was fair enough. Locally, a woman I used to work with, her son kidnapped a young mother, her elderly neighbor, tied them both up and raped and killed the woman's 4 yr old daughter. He was 19 at the time, he received a life sentence - no parole, and was beaten to death about 10 years into his sentence.
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no one's definition of your life;
    Define Yourself
    -Robert Frost-

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I feel so uneasy thinking about this guy and all the other people who are held captive in a dark room, being beaten, raped, starved, tied up right this moment. It make me want to vomit. I feel he got off to easy, he should have been on 24h watch, suicidal or not, he should not have been aloud to get of so easy, he should have had to live with what he did to those girls, it should have tormented him. It is people like him that plant a fear in me for being female.
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i personally think every human life is valuable, he should have been monitored and should not have been allowed to escape punishment, if that meant him being watched 24 hrs a day for the rest of his life, so be it

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Why isn't this being discussed more? He was definitely a sociopath, had little genuine remorse or accountability for what he did. But I don't know what to make of his suicide. I never really thought ''good riddance'' even though I think he's an example of someone who should have been aborted in utero if it were possible to predict the future. I guess it just seems like his time was cut short; I was curious to see how things would play out for him in jail had he stayed alive. I wonder if he killed himself out of shame that his reputation was tarnished and the fact he was hated by virtually everyone (I don't believe he'd feel shame for what he did because he lacks empathy / is a sociopath and isn't capable of remorse), or if he killed himself because he was afraid he'd be killed / assaulted in prison at some point.

kc1895's Avatar KFC Hipster
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Up until he committed suicide, his family (wife and daughter I think?) continued to visit him while he was in prison. Sounds like some real unconditional love right there. If that were my own family member who committed those horrendous acts, regardless of how well they treated me, I would still hope that they rot in hell just the same. I think his family is under some delusion like those sects that have a crazy sociopathic cult leader and still support him. Good riddance.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.