Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Could weed have started my anxiety/panic problems!?

I have smoked on and off over the years, not that much really. It's always calmed me (a small handful of times had the pot anxiety where you smoked too much). Three weeks ago I smoked at a house party. I took one hit, but a rather large one like a dumby. I immediately knew it was a bad idea. I started having bad anxiety and was sweating on my face profusely (this stuff was incredibly strong. I was asking later on if it was laced or something bc it was ridiculous. Everyone said it was normal dro). After an hour or so I was ok. The next day I was ok.... however that night I woke up mid sleep with a severe panic attack. I've only had one panic attack in my lifetime, years and years ago. I thought I was having a heart attack ofcourse.

From that day until now, I've had severe anxiety and panic. My heat races, wakes me up at night, cant eat, losing weight, tight throat, trouble breathing, bowel problems. It's horrible.

Did I just ruin my life!? I haven't touched the stuff since and don't plan on it. I keep thinking it will go away. Maybe I need to get it out of my system. Or did it cause something to just "snap" in my brain?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had the same problem. The last time I smoked was about 6 or 7 years ago and it had been a while since I smoked it the time before. Well, I ended up smoking a whole joint by myself and I literally freaked out. I have had panic attacks ever since then. Sometimes I go through phases where it seems like I'm getting better, then back to panic attacks again. I couldn't tell you for a fact that it was the weed that did it, but I have wondered ever since if that was what caused it. Maybe it was just a coincidence, I don't know. Nerve problems do run in my family though, so I can't give you a complete yes or no answer on if that is why it happened.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I can't give you a complete yes or not. Weed can cause mental illness. On the other hand, there's other people that claim Weed has cured them. It could be something that passes in time. It might not. Even if it doesn't, generally speaking anxiety does not last for the rest of your life.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

VickieKitties's Avatar Living irl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Weed is the only thing that helps my anxiety, I smoke almost everyday. Everybody has had a freakout moment or two, but I doubt it's strong enough to do real permanent brain damage or anything.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    You might want to look up some medical literature on that topic, according to what I have heard yes the drugs in Marijuana can cause some long term side effects that effect a person's emotions. Though it would be pretty hard to tell what came first the chicken or the egg. Anxiety often sets in during the 20's (panic attacks etc.)

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't believe that cannabis 'causes' mental issues per se, I think that is bogus personally. I do believe that it can bring issues to the surface in the sense that you were prone to panic attacks or have past issues that manifest in the form of panic attacks and the cannabis brought it to the surface. is this a bad thing? well maybe it gives you a chance to deal with it now rather than later? I can understand how it can be easy to point the finger at the cannabis especially in this situation.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.