View Poll Results: Would you give up years of your life for full recovery?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 77.78%
  • No

4 22.22%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Quote anxietygirl95 View Post
    Wouldn't it cause you more anxiety knowing you where dying?
    Why would it? It's not death I fear.

Paradoxically, the idea of death is one of hope, as it's freedom from pain.

That said, I wrote that post when I was in a worse state than I am in now. I remember every bit of how I felt though.

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Well, this is a pretty illustrative example of how dire SA can be. So far about 4 times as many people would rather end their life prematurely than not.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Antidote View Post
    Well, this is a pretty illustrative exemple of how dire SA can be. So far about 4 times as many people would rather end their life prematurely than not.
    Makes me feel a little sad
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    GrumpyGrumpy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, I would without a doubt in my mind. For me, its about quality of life and not quantity. SA (depending on its severity), can impact your life in an extremely negative way, just like a debilitating physical disease can.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think its about finding soloutions to our respective problems.Its not about giving something up to have to pay for freedom.Anything you do that reduces the severity of our problems is a good thing.You'll notice the difference.There are things we can do for free.Refer to my others posts.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Denv12 View Post
    I think its about finding soloutions to our respective problems.Its not about giving something up to have to pay for freedom.Anything you do that reduces the severity of our problems is a good thing.You'll notice the difference.There are things we can do for free.Refer to my others posts.
    I have to agree with you here. A while back I would have said yes. Why? Because I was pretty much not coping with life and was desperate for anything that would stop me from being as sick as I was. I might have actually voted "Yes" on this a few years back and said that I would be willing to do this. #

My answer is different now. I'd have to say no because the severity has lessened, and I'm coping a lot better. Don't get me wrong, I hate the problems I have, and given the chance to be rid of them at no cost I would do so...but giving up years of my lifespan for a full recovery is a step to far for me. Although I certainly can understand (having been there myself) why a sufferer would be willing to take this bargain, particularly if what they've gone through is years of suffering and failed treatments.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don't think I would.....even when times were at their worst for me, i was still able to look outside or look at family and feel a bit of hope....I think it's always about the hope

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.