Quote toaster little View Post
Yeah. They're so miserable if you leave them alone or if they have to do something by themselves. They will make a scene just to get people's attention and everyone involved in what they're "going through" so they will at least have few acquaintances and friends around.

I've enjoyed a good meal without distractions and the waiters didn't treat me any differently. Some people might give you weird looks but overall, it doesn't matter. If the employees at the restaurant give you any attitude or unsolicited comments, they're just going to lose a customer and some business for that night, and you can complain to a manager about how you're going to spend your money some place else. I know it's mean, but it's serious business.

I've gone to another restaurant with a bar and booths, and I sat at the bar and ordered food just for me. I saw a girl I knew from high school and she was there with her fiancé and they didn't make fun of me or give me weird looks. The waitress/bartender was nice and checked up on me (because they kind of have to when they work with customers and they're working for tips).
For well they know, you could have been an out of town person who was travelling for work or something. When travelling, I've had to eat in my own in restaurants, and I'm not entirely sure what the alternative was supposed to be? Sit outside in the cold and not eat waiting for the train?

Err....nope. So I just ordered food from a restaurant. Didn't have any trouble with it. If anything, it was nice to eat without someone constantly yammering on at me.