Sagan's Avatar Carl Sagan
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

United States history, in a few seconds...(neat animation)

Goes kinda fast though...

http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is pretty orgasmic for a history geek. Alaska was considered Russian America though? lol I never knew that, but I suppose that makes a lot of sense xD

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yeah could someone slow it down a little. or a lot? that's way too fast. the rate at which history is made is too slow, too full of people and documents (eurgh i detested reading those in school, the "primary" sources, if that was what was primary source i'd hate to see what the secondary sources look like) but this almost condenses it too much. i'm all for condensation, even graphics and interactive or evolving maps, but this one moves too quickly, evolves too fast, it's like a cannoneer ramming down cartridges.

that's how the oration of charles sumner the famous senator was once described "like a cannoneer ramming down cartridges". it's in his wikipedia. look it up. im reading this memoir and there's lots of influential political figures in it, the author being the grandson of a president and a member of the very political and distinguished "adams" family. charles sumner is in it because he hung around the house a lot. as a kid he looked up to him a lot. as an adult he continued to. i think everyone who knew charles sumner did.

His superiority was, indeed, real and incontestable; he was the classical ornament of the anti-slavery party; their pride in him was unbounded, and their admiration outspoken. The boy Henry worshipped him, and if he ever regarded any older man as a personal friend, it was Mr. Sumner. The relation of Mr. Sumner in the household was far closer than any relation of blood. None of the uncles approached such intimacy. Sumner was the boy's ideal of greatness; the highest product of nature and art. The only fault of such a model was its superiority which defied imitation. To the twelve-year-old boy, his father, Dr. Palfrey, Mr. Dana, were men, more or less like what he himself might become; but Mr. Sumner was a different order -- heroic.
    also it dawned on me that this is the sumner that the school my friend goes to is named after. now ill never not associate it with him.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.