Thread: Beta Blockers

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Beta Blockers

So was at my GP today and he gave me beta blockers to control my palpitations and arrhythmia which he believes is anxiety induced, anyone ever take them for this. I took one today and my pulse feels a bit slower than normal but then o read leaflet and it said not for people with irregular heart rhythms. Now im panicking. I just wish I was normal and not living with these symptoms and fear every day

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I used to take beta blockers for the anxiety, it helps more with physical symptoms of it more than the mental symptoms. And yeah, it did slow down by pulse (think that's how it works.)

They did help with the anxiety for me.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply. I feel good mentally to be honest. Just having a lot of palpitation which bring the anxiety back, so we came to conclusion that if I couldnt feel them as much I cant get stressed because of them. Im just scared of them. Then again I'm scared of everything.

Sagan's Avatar Carl Sagan
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I was on Propranolol For a few months. It made me fatigued, and sweat profusely mostly from my palms and other places. I for a small hike one day and when I went up a moderately steep hill. I found myself on the ground. I had passed out due to lack of blood flow. Doctor switched me to Atenolol at a low dose. Helps slightly, But still get very fatigued. If I walk for even 20 minutes I am drenched in sweat from every crevice. I just don't think BB's are for me.
    http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    double for the Propranolol, i went to the doctors first time and said to them i had panic attacks despite never being diagnosed as soon as i mentioned that my heart goes really fast and i can feel my whole rip cage move (which in the moment it does feel like that) she prescribed me these, nothing for the hyperventilating or passing out or funny eyes or hearing (despite a history of eye problems in my family). to this day i'm still quite annoyed about the fact i was diagnosed a drug when a)i said i didn't want drugs and b) when she didn't investigate it more than asking do you feel this and what about this, i could have walked out with addictive depression drugs which she mentioned but only me saying no to stopped me from getting them . unfortunately for me the fatigue that sagan mentioned or the fuzziness i felt just meant when i came across a trigger i just panicked worse (something which can happen with anxiety drugs )

hopefully they work well enough for you, if your nervous you could always phone your doctor and confirm that they'll be alright. he/she may have already concidored it and it may just be a small risk. monitor the results with your body, id suggest you family member or person your close to so that they can help and know if t

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.