Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote hoodsurgeon View Post
    I did indeed take my risperdal and ritalin together, the risperdal (And ritalin) were both prescribed at the same time as the diagnosis of ADHD (No prior treatment); However my pdoc stated that the risperdal was to stabilize my mood.

When you say "cleaner" do you mean It targets less receptors? for example risperdal doesn't antagonize H1, M1, 5-HT2c (Etc..) as much as zyprexa, but risperdal has a higher affinity for D2 receptors (And tighter binding) than zyprexa, thus making risperdal "cleaner" than zyprexa (And making zyprexa "dirtier").

Or have I got the concept completely wrong?
    Randomly reviving this thread. Since stopping seroquel a few weeks ago dexedrine seems to be more effective for my ADHD symptoms. I don't think its a H1 issue since I've been taking mirtazapine for sleep in it's place which is also a strong histamine blocker. I guess it might have been from one of the other myriad of receptors which seroquel hits.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well I was on seroquel for a couple years and I slept 16 hours a day, when I wasn't sleeping I was drooling on myself, watching trashy TV, I gained 70 pounds in a year, and I developed fatty liver disease a potentially life threatening disease, but it was kind of nice not being driven all the time. Normally, I always have to be doing something productive, but I was satisfied, watching trashy TV, drooling on myself, and sleeping 16 hours a day.

I forgot to mention, time flew by when I was on seroquel. I didn't accomplish anything, but two years went by just like that...

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was on seroquel and it made me a walking zombie.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.