Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Worried or thinking about anxiety

How much time do you spend thinking about your own anxiety/problems? Recently I spend almost all my time thinking about problems

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Join the club. I think about it almost every min of the day. Sometimes I have nightmares/dreams about my anxiety and problems.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yeah sometimes I think I am almost OCD about thinking of my problems. What does this mean?

Inscrutable Banana's Avatar Diggin' My Potatoes
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I spend more time being anxious and obsessively worrying about my problems (sometimes rational concerns, often times not) than I do actually doing something productive to work toward correcting them. It's a major contributing factor to my life being as stagnant as it is and it's quite frustrating. Hard to get anything done when you're preoccupied with trying to think of all the different ways even the simplest things can go horribly wrong.
    “Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yes banana, not just thinking about problems but then thinking about the solutions. What if we could simply stop thinking about problems and solutions.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Inscrutable Banana View Post
    I spend more time being anxious and obsessively worrying about my problems (sometimes rational concerns, often times not) than I do actually doing something productive to work toward correcting them. It's a major contributing factor to my life being as stagnant as it is and it's quite frustrating. Hard to get anything done when you're preoccupied with trying to think of all the different ways even the simplest things can go horribly wrong.
    I feel ya. With me, sometimes I do think of how I can work towards overcoming the fears and all that, trying to come to terms with how a certain decision I want to make is totally acceptable. But even when I do try to delve into the thought process that should allow me to get there, I start thinking "No, that's just something I want. That doesn't mean it is an acceptable decision. I don't deserve that, this is so wrong of me to do."

*sigh* It's a vicious cycle.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    In all honesty though sometimes a person does not have the tools and means to correct a problem. Lots of people live with problems that are not solved. It is no fun.

VickieKitties's Avatar Living irl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A few minutes here and there most days, work helps keep your mind off it. I'm so glad to have a really engrossing and physically demanding job.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Vickie what is your job?

VickieKitties's Avatar Living irl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I Don't know if I should respond to your query here, or on your profile, I hope here is ok. I'm on a modular reset team at a large chain store. We receive chain wide planograms, detailing updated merchandising; remove the product, clean and reset the shelving to the updated heights. Then we can put the product back up, with any new additions and put the price tags up with any updated SKU's. Sometimes it's a real pain when you have a 36 foot mod with 100 pegs per four foot section; all have to be precisely placed. @_@ Rearranging a few hundred gallons of milk screwed up my shoulder last week. It does make my ocd pretty happy though. (this is by far the longest post I've ever made, btw)

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.