Topper's Avatar idiotboy
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thought of the day on perfectionism from a dumbass

I came to this thought today

I won't do it perfect if it's uncertain. if i can't envision exactly what's going to happen before i do it, it is fraught with uncertainty, and i might fail (not do it perfectly) and therefore has anxiety associated to it

so I think we don't do things because we don't know exactly how it will pan out. like if we try out for the soccer team, we won't know where to go once we arrive (even though only at first), or how teams will be picked, so we get scared because that leaves it open for mistakes and we will show ourselves to be flawed human beings (which we all are, we all make mistakes) but it makes us anxious, so we don't go to soccer tryout

ok that is all

thank you for listening

don't expect me to reply to EVERY ONE of your posts if anyone even responds to this thread because it would make me look stupid if I made a post just saying "thank you" each time someone responds

so I guess I'll say it now. thank you from the bottom of my heart there is a special place in heaven for anyone who makes a reply here

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is an aspect of my Social Anxiety Disorder that I don't give much thought, but is definitely very prevalent in my life. For whatever reason, I feel like everybody else knows exactly what they're doing and I'm just too slow to figure it out. If I need to look to see what everyone else is doing to figure out what I need to do, everyone's going to think I'm stupid and incompetent. There's safety in routine and unfamiliarity (and thus uncertainty) is scary. Great post and insight.

Also, don't worry about thanking everyone individually. I tried that once on one of my threads on a different forum and it was just too much work. If you're afraid that some people will feel offended by selective thank yous, there's always visitor/private messages.

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I have fear of uncertainty too. I don't even like to get a different flavour slurpee until I am certain it will taste good.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.