Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does anyone here use Netflix?

I like watching TV episodes and movies after I've heard of them without having to sign up for cable and hoping I catch shows at the right time or that I have expensive equipment to record them so I can watch them later.

I do know that you can't always find shows and movies you want, because I've tried looking up ones I wanted to watch only to find that they're not available.

I also experienced outages where I couldn't watch anything even with a subscription.

With all of that said, do you think it's still worth it?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If I didn't have my husband or kids; I would gladly give up any tv that you have to pay money for and go the whatever the local broadcast channels are along with netflix. I have a really oddball schedule where I wake up very early and go to bed really early as well. I guess it depends on what you are used to. I grew up without cable, just the local ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX and PBS. My husband when we got married was horrified by my plans to not pay for cable. I was horrified by the prospect of paying $21 a month for tv. Now it's way more than that!!! He grew up in western Pa where it was harder to get a broadcast channel over the air. We could easily get all five channels. However local tv is pretty awful and programming for kids on the major networks is awful so I really appreciate the kids channels like Disney, Nick and Cartoon Network.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I use a friends netflix, I don't used it enough to paying for it myself and it is the UK one which I find overall bad
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm on my free trial right now, but I think I'll be keeping on with this. I really only used cable TV as background noise or for the morning show. Now that I found out I can stream that morning show online, I don't need cable at all. Netflix for everything else!

Selection is a bit less than that of the US channels but I'm sure I'll put in the effort to use the US Netflix shortly.

Prodigy's Avatar God
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's good for catching up on shows but that's pretty much it. It doesn't have the latest episodes for whatever season a show is currently on apparently.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.