Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For those of you who have internet and/or TV, how much do you pay per month?

I'm just curious. The fastest internet in my state is $100/month and I would never pay for that unless I had a full-time job and I had so many devices at home that I needed the extra speed.

Oh and there's this thing called a data cap that some ISPs are using and my ISP has the highest cap out of the ones available.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So to give you an idea of Canada's plain stupidity. When I was in Ontario, my parents were paying $70 a month, plus $8/mo modem rental, plus taxes. That was for 32mbit down/1 up speed, and a 125GB cap. Completely horrible.

Right now I am splitting internet costs with my roommate in Alberta. We are on a 100/5 plan and have a 500GB cap. It's $100 a month total, split 50/50. Such a better deal compared to Ontario, but kind of expensive considering there's a data cap still.

Inscrutable Banana's Avatar Diggin' My Potatoes
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    $62.99 for 25Mbps Down/5Mbps Up with a 250GB/month cap (that they haven't enforced yet as far as I know, just "friendly" reminders when you go over). It was $55.99 until recently, then they decided to bump the prices up. Probably going to have to drop back down a tier to save some cash.
    “Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I guess if the 300 GB data allowance isn't enough, I might go for the 400 GB cap and pay extra. Currently I don't get cut off if I go over. I'm not sure how many times I can go over the allowed amount though. If I switch to other ISPs, they're either a lot slower or don't allow as much data per month. I used to have internet that was painfully slow so it's nice to have my own internet where it's as fast as I want it. I'm sure if I lived somewhere that offered 300 Mbps or 1 Gbps, I couldn't go back to anything else. Too bad I have to live somewhere like Kansas City or Austin. Currently I don't have much desire to go to either place by myself.

It's unfortunate that we sometimes have to pay for the mistakes of a small percentage of the population. Some people just stream stuff all day every day which makes it difficult for everyone else to use the internet sometimes. You usually shouldn't be affected, but sometimes because of the way that the wiring and the networking is done, you can slow down a bit when your neighborhood has a lot of activity going on.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    £30 or so for internet and TV. There is a data cap but I've never hit it, but the internet can be pretty tempermental at times.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Sagan's Avatar Carl Sagan
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Internet and TV $99

Ummm I'm getting F'd!
    http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I pay 2euro a week for my internet in my apartment

and I pay 20euro a month on my phone plan for moveable internet
    life---> <---me

VickieKitties's Avatar Living irl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Internet is included in my rent and I'd never spend money on cable. I don't use my computer at all though, just do some internet stuff on my phone sometimes.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.