Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Nothing

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I was having a stressful day. I'm a loud person and a patron complained about how loud I am in the library.

As much as I say I don't care what people think, I do care if it affects my career success. I tend to work 150% and when I get called down on something, I put even more stress to succeed on myself.

So I was working really hard today, trying to accomplish a ton of things.

This was on top of feeling like a failure in motherhood all weekend. I've just been really down on myself.

So where's the good part, right?

Two minutes before I left to come home, a patron came to my desk and was looking for her keys. I didn't even look up, but answered her that it's really frustrating to lose things. She was just looking for her keys, so I didn't feel I had to ask her if she needed anything.

Then she said, "You're awesome!" I looked up at her. She told me that 2 years ago, she came to the library not knowing what to do about her disabled child. I helped her find a way to get custody and held her hand while she cried.

I barely remember her. But she said she remembered me because I changed her life and the life of her child. Then she repeated, "You're awesome! You were a blessing in my life."

My eyes just filled with tears. I needed to hear that so much. I told her she was someone I needed at that exact moment. I needed someone to just acknowledge that I existed and that my efforts made a difference. I couldn't stop crying and thanked her for being awesome and giving me that blessing. I gave her a hug.

Then we both thanked God for crossing our paths at the exact moment we needed each other. I'm sitting her with tears in my eyes because ever have a moment that changes everything for you?
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Chantellabella View Post
    , "You're awesome!"
    Well done - that is awesome!
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I started clearing out the spare room, going to put a desk in it so I can continue my studies
    life---> <---me

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Well, I went off exploring by my own and decided I wanted to go to the St.Louis Galleria (essentially a gigantic plaza full of cool things to do). Of course this involved riding an hour on the train...ugh. I forgot how much zI hated riding the train, plus it was terribly windy and pretty chilly as a result. So, by the time I even got to the Galleria I was already annoyed and realized how terrifying it is traveling by yourself (which also involved going through some rather sketchy parts of town). So, once I got inside I had a freaking panic attack due to all the stimulation and people around me and essentially bolted immedialtly >_<. And then I had to go on another hour long train ride to get back to my town. Man, that sucked horribly and definitely something I never want to do again, but atleast I pushed myself, though with rather mixed results.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Koalafan View Post
    Well, I went off exploring by my own and decided I wanted to go to the St.Louis Galleria (essentially a gigantic plaza full of cool things to do). Of course this involved riding an hour on the train...ugh. I forgot how much zI hated riding the train, plus it was terribly windy and pretty chilly as a result. So, by the time I even got to the Galleria I was already annoyed and realized how terrifying it is traveling by yourself (which also involved going through some rather sketchy parts of town). So, once I got inside I had a freaking panic attack due to all the stimulation and people around me and essentially bolted immedialtly >_<. And then I had to go on another hour long train ride to get back to my town. Man, that sucked horribly and definitely something I never want to do again, but atleast I pushed myself, though with rather mixed results.
    I think getting on the train was a huge step!!!! I'm very very very proud of you!!!

Taking one step at a time is a brave thing to do. So don't focus on the other stuff. Just focus on what you accomplished. And you saw that as an accomplishment because you put it in the thread. You could have very easily put it in the frustration "bad" thing happened today thread, but you saw it as a positive thing.

That's awesome!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I meet the coolest most nicest nurse today
    life---> <---me

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I think getting on the train was a huge step!!!! I'm very very very proud of you!!!

Taking one step at a time is a brave thing to do. So don't focus on the other stuff. Just focus on what you accomplished. And you saw that as an accomplishment because you put it in the thread. You could have very easily put it in the frustration "bad" thing happened today thread, but you saw it as a positive thing.

That's awesome!
    Aww thanks Chanty!!!! Very kind words and yea I'm trying to frame it as a good thing that happened since this is something that is REALLY difficult (and was) for me to do. Even though it did exhaust me and cause me to have a panic attack I am proud that I did this!!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I got my study table organised....girls, if you think you need a man, think again and do the job yourself, and feel good about it.
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote L View Post
    I got my study table organised....girls, if you think you need a man, think again and do the job yourself, and feel good about it.
    You go girl!

Also duck tape, caulking, and string can be a girl's best friend. My entire house is held up by at least one of those things.

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

That's awesome!
    Excellent point, Chanty. I agree 100%

I got to pat two kitties today!! It was glorious . We visited the local shelter. I'm in love. The problem is, I can't have all of the cats. We have our eyes on a few in particular though. Can't wait to give one a furever home.

Also, I had a nice dinner with my grandparents and an aunt I don't get to see very often.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I visited two places this weekend that I've never seen before. Took awesome pics to send to my son.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This has probably been one of the best birthdays I've had since I was a kid
    Keep it cool. Cool people never show emotion. Keep it cool.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote FireIsTheCleanser View Post
    This has probably been one of the best birthdays I've had since I was a kid
    It is your b-day?! Happy B-day!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I purchased my first car.
    “When you stop blaming others for where you are in life, that is when you can start to manifest your dream life!”
    ― Stephen Richards

Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.