Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    My new grandson arrived today! He joins my other two grandsons and my granddaughter.

The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Chantellabella View Post
    My new grandson arrived today! He joins my other two grandsons and my granddaughter.

Congratulations. Best wishes to you all.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Wow congratulations Chantellabella
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Something good that happened today...My Christmas shopping went amazingly well. I'm almost done. I tried to stay positive, and did. I wished every cashier a merry Christmas, and got the same back. Everyone was in a surprisingly really good mood, for the most part.

I got my kids what they wanted, I think I knocked it out of the park. I didn't go over budget. Honestly I'm not sure how many hundreds of $ I spent this morning but if I did it right, which I think I did, I did really well. I found some gifts that they won't be expecting, that wasn't exactly on their wish lists but that I think they will love.

The lines were insane today, just fuqing crazy. But I dealt with the crowds pretty well.

I need to pick up gift cards for my sister and her family but then I'm done.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I started my new sales position today. My boss and I went out to lunch, and I was at his house (he works from home sometimes) going over my new routes.

I'm excited. I know how to do this. Pay is the same, actually a little more than I was making.

The best news is.....I thought I got kicked off the old team I was on. Nope. The whole damn team was dissolved. Everyone got reassigned. So. It's nothing I did, and it had nothing to do with my job performance or my numbers. My new boss actually said he heard I did really well. Our client is just choosing to spend money elsewhere this year, and it happens all the time.

Hug the ones you love.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I talked to my dad just now and my mom is still in the hospital but is doing a looooot better.

She was delusional over the last week or so. Hallucinating. Having conversations with people that weren't there. Being really hostile at times for no reason. Telling nurses and doctors that people that weren't there were trying to kill her. Ripping out her IV. Refusing to eat.

They put her on an anti-psychotic. They were actually thinking about taking her to a geriatric psych hospital. It was....about to happen.

And last night and today she turned the corner. She's a lot better. No more auditory or visual hallucinations. She's cognizant. She's holding conversations and making sense again.

I was worried. I visited her yesterday afternoon and it actually took her a few seconds to realize who I was. Was really very scary. We're all cautiously optimistic. Hoping she gets well and can go home soon.

Hug the ones you love.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I went to the season home opener for the Astros tonight, with my dad. Was pretty awesome. They unveiled the banners for the world series win last year. It was sold out, and the cheapest tickets were $160, for standing-room-only, which is just ridiculous. We had good seats. The ballpark was LOUD. Several of my clients were there also. Went really well (and we won) and we had an awesome time.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    That?s so cool IG. I?m glad that you enjoy the Astros as a family. It?s important for anxiety/ depression sufferers to recognize happy times and live in the moment.

I?ve beat my plan at work for Jan, Feb and now March. We should end this week beating plan this week too. (20% up from last year. ). Only 3 stores beat plan in March and I was one of them. I think I?m an excellent leader and know how to bring out the best in my team. At work anyway. Not so much in my personal life with my H but I?m pretty focused on work.
    So that?s happy news. I?m not bragging, just trying to hold onto what is working in my life. Work is working lol

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Ps. I hope your mom is doing better IG. (((Hugs)))

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    ^ Thanks, Jamie. She's doing better. Blood platelets are up from 4,000 to 40,000, so that's a huge improvement (normal is 150,000). I'm taking my kids to visit tonight.

Sounds like you're kicking butt at work That's awesome. Take the wins where you can, that's what I do, anyway.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well.. I just had a bowl of Cocoa Pebbles, so that's something positive (and tasty).

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I graduated from my process group today. I have very mixed emotions. Actually, I'm flooded, almost overwhelmed with emotion over the last couple of hours.

The whole group passed around this really cool coin, and each member of the group "infused" the coin with well-wishes and wisdom they wanted to pass on to me. My therapist and my grief counselor did also. After that they gave me the coin. I got hugs and I-love-yous from almost everyone, the ones that knew me. We exchanged phone numbers.

I shared things in that group that I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing with anyone....not my parents, or my ex-wife, the mother of my three kids, not my kids. I didn't hold back. Everything I shared was the bare naked truth. Raw. Unedited. Lmao. But it's true, it really was. And most of them shared the same with me.

When they passed the coin around they wished me strength, and love, and fun, and feelings of self-worth, and self-esteem, and determination, and years ahead of being a good father to my children. It was really awesome. I left the hospital feeling....overwhelmed.

It was much harder than I anticipated....much, much harder. I'll still see most of them on Saturdays, for a mini-session. Everyone wanted to know if I'd be coming, and oc I said yes.

I'm so, so very blessed. Blessed to have the friends I made there. Blessed to have been given the advice everyone so willingly shared, gave me. These are people I'll never, ever forget....people I will think about and remember years from now, people I will keep in my prayers forever. I love these people like a brother or sister. I held some of their hands while they broke down, telling their stories. They did the same for me, when I shared my girlfriend's suicide during our grief, trauma and loss group. There's like a special kind of bond between me and some of the members of those groups. A closeness and trust and understanding that you don't get in even the closest friendships a lot of the time. I really am blessed.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    InvisableGuy, you brought tears to my eyes while reading your words. You did. I’m so happy for you and oddly so proud of you too. You’ve worked so hard emotionally to get to this place and that’s the toughest kind of work. Really gut wrenching stuff.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Jamie

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    ^^ Thx Jamie I miss them already. Which, is strange....to be missing people I was with in intensive outpatient therapy. You'd think I couldn't wait to get out of there and never look back (and I was, in a way). But yeah I miss them. Still see them Saturday mornings and we talk, but not like before. I miss my therapist, too, tho we had a love-hate relationship. There was a tug-of-war to get me to share at first. I was really stubborn. It took weeks, months lol.

Hug the ones you love.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I had a really good 2nd day of training with the new girl today. My boss wanted me to train with her so I could get a refresher and catch up on the changes implemented from the last year, while I was on a different team. New girl and I get along really well. She's funny, is wicked smart, and catches on quick....and with our jobs, if you have those things you've won half the battle.

She realizes by now that I'm pretty quiet most of the time, and very introverted, but I'm good at what I do and I get results.

I'm supposed to be back out on my own tomorrow, and I'm ready. I could do this with my eyes closed.

Hug the ones you love.

Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.