Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I've never been in the situation, but I hope you find a way to get rid of her. I don't imagine this helps your anxiety much.
    It's good you decided not to change your username.

My sister had an online & offline stalker before. I think eventually he backed off - police were never involved to my knowledge. She's not an internet addict like myself, but she still had to temporarily delete her facebook account and switch email addresses a few times. He would sign in as her and pretend to be her. It was really scary reading someone mimic her mannerisms and writing style so accurately.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote IllusionOfHappiness View Post
    I've never been in the situation, but I hope you find a way to get rid of her. I don't imagine this helps your anxiety much.
    It's good you decided not to change your username.

My sister had an online & offline stalker before. I think eventually he backed off - police were never involved to my knowledge. She's not an internet addict like myself, but she still had to temporarily delete her facebook account and switch email addresses a few times. He would sign in as her and pretend to be her. It was really scary reading someone mimic her mannerisms and writing style so accurately.
    Yeah. I just can't understand what the thrill is to stay so stuck to somebody. At some point they must get the message that no matter what they say or do, it's not going change the fact that you don't want them in your life. Sorry she had that.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote chantellabella View Post
    How did you get rid of your stalker (if it's ok to talk about it here).
    He was caught and arrested after 9 months. He was only in jail a few weeks because I dropped the charges. I felt guilty and couldn't believe the seriousness of what he was doing. He was caught the morning after his college graduation and had a job already lined up a few hours away, so I think being arrested and his moving stopped it. This was years ago, and he contacted me through email just once since.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” - Rumi

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really don't know what you can do, though . Hopefully, she moves on soon! Unfortunately, she'll probably do it to someone else from what i understand. But, I was lucky that the police actually took it seriously in my case because I know it's not always believable or understood.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” - Rumi

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote chantellabella View Post
    THAT is exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you.

GoatHorned, I'm sorry for sounding pretty abrupt here. This woman is a sore spot for me. I didn't need to get snippy with you. I'm sorry.

I actually did a full apology to her for whatever it was I did to her years ago and she apologized back. But then she wouldn't let it go because I didn't do some big public forgiveness thing. She would think that whatever I wrote on forums or on my blog was about her when it wasn't at all. She somehow decided that I talked about her 24/7 when she didn't even enter my mind.

I just wanted her gone. I thought she was but it seems like about every 6 months she's here in my life again.
    that's alright i didn't mean to make you snippy, either. afterall, i said i could be wrong. obviously i was.
    honestly i don't think i have any advice that could be given on the internet legally, sorry. my methods would not include calling the cops and apologies. it would involve a dose of ones own medicine and terrorization.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Sparrow View Post
    He was caught and arrested after 9 months. He was only in jail a few weeks because I dropped the charges. I felt guilty and couldn't believe the seriousness of what he was doing. He was caught the morning after his college graduation and had a job already lined up a few hours away, so I think being arrested and his moving stopped it. This was years ago, and he contacted me through email just once since.
    That's good that he finally got the message.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote GoatHorned View Post
    that's alright i didn't mean to make you snippy, either. afterall, i said i could be wrong. obviously i was.
    honestly i don't think i have any advice that could be given on the internet legally, sorry. my methods would not include calling the cops and apologies. it would involve a dose of ones own medicine and terrorization.
    When I tried retaliating with angry words, that just fed into her need for attention and drama. I did that in the beginning because I couldn't believe how I was being attacked by her words. She was all over the internet calling me names and ranting about me. So in the beginning, I got angry and posted how angry I was at her on my blog. But that just revved her up. Then when I joined Celebrate Recovery, I decided that I was wrong to approach this in an angry way and I apologized on my blog (which she obviously reads). I made amends for my angry words to her. Then I tried to ignore her and let it go.

But after that, no matter what I wrote on forums or on my blog, she would insist it was about her. It wasn't. In her mind I was still egging her on when I was truly not. She only entered my mind if she attacked me again via my blog. She also got people to attack me when she believed I was speaking about her.

But I knew that if I gave into the fight, it would go on forever. So I backed off. One day she point blank asked me why I didn't like her. I listed all the insults, name calling, getting her friends to attack me. Then she posted this 2 page list of apologies. Her last line said, "You don't have to acknowledge this or forgive me because that would imply we had a relationship." So I took her advice and forgave her in my heart, but did not do some big public forgiveness thing which she obviously wanted (even though she said I did not have to do it). I was afraid that if I spoke to her anymore there would be an implication that all was well and that we had some relationship. I didn't want that relationship. So I didn't answer. Within one day she plastered me all over cyberspace that she apologized for everything and I wouldn't forgive her. In other words, there's a no win here.

Then sometime in the beginning of the year, she posted on my blog but my friends didn't let her get away with that. I was looking for a forum to write on and came across her name. Curiousity got the best of me and there she was, ranting about me...... 4 years of this again. .......... never letting it go. So I told my friends on my blog and they commented again about it. I knew I shouldn't have said anything on my blog because obviously she reads it everyday (or it seems that way). So she posted again. But I refuse to moderate comments. I am not afraid of her.

She's tried every tactic in the book. She obviously googles everything about me and even threatened to talk to my family. She listed my family's names on her site years ago. I don't know what information she planned to tell them because we have all talked, all made amends and there's nothing to hide. It was like she was trying to find some way to hurt me and thought she had things on me. I still never figured out why she hates me so much. I really haven't.

I guess you're wondering how she even came into my life. I found a Christian forum because I had questions about God. I was integrating (I have Dissociative Identity Disorder) and one alter was spiritual but with the wrong teaching. She sought me out on the forum and said she also had DID. But that her alters were demons which she had no control over. After about 2 months, my entire system was scared with her demon talk so I told her I couldn't be her friend anymore. I couldn't talk to her anymore. My alters were taking on her role (long story about how that happens with DID people.Alters will put on costumes to scare others inside).

My therapist and I thought it best to break all communication with her. I guess that's what made her angry. Not sure. After a year of her attacking me and me fighting back, it was time to let it go. I let it go. She keeps stalking me. It's just frustrating. Really frustrating. She triggers one part of me that wants to fight,and it takes all my will power to control that part.

Sorry for the long story. I guess I just need to vent about all of this. (Maybe this thread should be in frustration rather than chit chat, huh?)

But maybe if anybody else has had a stalker in their life, I just need to know. Does it end? I have let it go several times. But the stalker followed me from my site to the other forum and attacked. I'm sure she lurks here also.

The reason I started this thread was because I feel I am always on guard for when she will strike next. Always worried when I see a suspicious member. I saw one who posted something not even related to a thread, ranting about neighbors. I hate that I let her have this much power in my life..............that I get suspicious. She has no power over me. None at all. I have to remember that.

So yes, GoatHorned, I could get all messy with this, but I refuse. The best way to approach people like this is to ignore them. I need to work on not letting her trigger, anger, paranoia and fear in me. In reality, she is nothing to me but a pest and I have to work on ignoring that pest better. I would love to give her the same stuff she slings at me, but I am trying to make amends in my life. I have posted amends to her on my blog for my past anger. When someone says they're sorry, and another doesn't forgive or let it go, a person has no more responsibility. It's up to her now to let it go. I've done my part. I just wish she would let it go and never come back into my life. I want to be free of her.

Wow! I guess I had a lot on my mind. Thanks guys for listening to me. I think I needed to get a lot of that off my chest. It also reminded me of my promise of amends. I will let it go from now on. Not even give her another thought. That will truly free me of her..........even if she tries attacking again.

Plus this time, I have some really good friends who have my back.

Thanks for listening.

Cindy

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have a bad side. I will be mean to stalkers if you tell me who they are.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Funny. She lives in CA also.

Oh you'll know. The last time she went to that other forum, she did a laughable job of trying to be a 15 year old and then a 30 year old. She was ranting so much, she couldn't keep her lies straight. It's sad that she's 47, soon to be 48. In fact her birthday is right after mine and a couple of years ago, when people on a forum told me Happy Birthday, she literally contacted them to scream at them for doing that. Seriously, how much more hateful can a person get?

btw, my birthday is next Weds (the 28th) and I'll be hitting the big 55. (eek!) I'm not sure to be happy I survived that long or depressed because now I'll be getting senior citizen discount at Taco Bueno.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    No.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes.. was stalked by someone from SAS. Not even joking...I wish I was.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, stalked for 2 years by this guy who was obsessed with me... And I've had other random men stalk me for short periods trying to get my attention (if that counts).

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote GrumpyCatFan View Post
    Yes.. was stalked by someone from SAS. Not even joking...I wish I was.
    Online or in RL ? Wouldn't think SAS of all places.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote tasty_sauce_code View Post
    Online or in RL ? Wouldn't think SAS of all places.
    Real life. Ya I see what you mean, I was pretty surprised as well considering their SA was much worse than mine. It was plain awful and awkward when that happened. Needless to say, I never talked to them ever again.. and I know folks with SA don't like being "ignored" and such, myself included... but when you do something like this person did... uh ya, bye. o_o

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Not really. But I have been constantly monitored to the point it made me feel physically and mentally sick and I could no longer post normally. This happened on the other forum and even though they've gone awol there I imagine they still lurk and might even know I'm here, because they're obsessed with monitoring stuff.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.