Thread: Ocd

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ocd

How many of you have obsessions and/or compulsions? And, what are they? Why do you think you developed these obsessions/compulsions?
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” - Rumi

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I have a compulsion to always be holding something. My hands always have to be fiddling with something or I start to go crazy =/

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have OCD about grammar and spelling - mostly mine!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, I've had pretty bad OCD for most of my life. I tend to lean towards the compulsive side, hand washing, checking, rituals and such.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'm a tad OCD about routines and the furniture in my therapist's office. I think the furniture thing is a trust and safe place issue. And I think the routines are more that's how I cope with ADD. I take ADD medicine and I've learned to remember things by doing them at the exact time each day. My co-workers think it's funny, but everyday at work, I walk in, plop down my purse on a cart, take my pills and then I'm good. On the days I don't go to work, I tend to forget to take them. So I guess it's not so much OCD. I also have an addictive personality, so I guess you could put that under the obsessive part.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.