CeCe's Avatar Diamond Girl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HappyHappy
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I believe I may have body dysmorphic disorder

I am considering seeing my primary doctor or a psychologist to get diagnosed because I feel I'm wasting my young life with my obsession.

As long as I can remember I have been self-conscious. I was slighty overweight in my youth and harassed lightly for it. I think I was very awkward looking (at least in my opinion, may be skewed if I have BDD). I did lose weight, but I still felt hideous. Here are my current symptoms.

• I check the mirror an upwards of 50-100 times a day depending on how I perceive my appearance (good days result in less checking, bad days result in much more).

• I have almost gotten into accidents several times because I constantly check my reflection in the rear view mirror or side mirrors.

• I obsess about things on my face that no one else will even notice or focus on in any meaningful way.

• I have considered several cosmetic procedures and surgeries including laser surgery for undereyes, teeth whitening, microdermabrasion, fat-transfers, rhinoplasty (nose job)

• I completely avoid social situations and friendships because I do not feel comfortable being seen or receiving any attention. I get asked to do things with co-workers after work, but I turn it down and I wonder why they would even want to look at me.

• As you could tell, I 100% despise my photo being taken. I would ideally burn all family photos that have me in them and I avoid smiling all the time.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote CeCe View Post
    I am considering seeing my primary doctor or a psychologist to get diagnosed because I feel I'm wasting my young life with my obsession.

As long as I can remember I have been self-conscious. I was slighty overweight in my youth and harassed lightly for it. I think I was very awkward looking (at least in my opinion, may be skewed if I have BDD). I did lose weight, but I still felt hideous. Here are my current symptoms.

• I check the mirror an upwards of 50-100 times a day depending on how I perceive my appearance (good days result in less checking, bad days result in much more).

• I have almost gotten into accidents several times because I constantly check my reflection in the rear view mirror or side mirrors.

• I obsess about things on my face that no one else will even notice or focus on in any meaningful way.

• I have considered several cosmetic procedures and surgeries including laser surgery for undereyes, teeth whitening, microdermabrasion, fat-transfers, rhinoplasty (nose job)

• I completely avoid social situations and friendships because I do not feel comfortable being seen or receiving any attention. I get asked to do things with co-workers after work, but I turn it down and I wonder why they would even want to look at me.

• As you could tell, I 100% despise my photo being taken. I would ideally burn all family photos that have me in them and I avoid smiling all the time.
    Hey CeCe. I'm not very familiar with that disorder, but it sounds like you're really struggling. My therapist tells me that if something I do bothers me, then it's a good indication that it's probably something I need to work on. You may want to ask a professional about it. Checking the mirror and worrying to that extreme extent sounds like it's interfering with your life.

Let us know what happens, ok?
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.