Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Recently started having anxiety symptoms.

Hello my name is Daniel

These past couple months I started noticing Ive had anxiety symptoms. My chest starts beating like crazy whenever there is a situation that bothers me or overwhelms me. The scary part is when its lasts more than a day. I tend to be a very deep thinker, which to an extent is a strength but is also a weakness. (which is this) Usually the problems that lead to it are related to enemies or people I tend to have problems with. Im not a problematic person, i hate getting into conflicts or quarrels with people. Not to get too much into depth of it but for instance: I work with co-workers I dont get along with which usually leads me to worry or overthink stuff.

I currently jog and drink chamomile to help keep it under control, but I want to be open to more options. Can any of you guys relate? What methods do you guys use to keep it under control?

Please comment thanx.
    -Daniel

Keddy's Avatar The Awkward Conversationalist
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hi Daniel, welcome
    I can definitely relate to what you're saying about having issues with coworkers and overthinking stuff. I work as a manager at my current job and have a lot of anxiety about that. I don't like getting into conflicts with other people either.
    As for methods that can keep your anxiety under control, there are probably hundreds of them. I tend to use a lot of coping skills, like writing, listening to music, going for walks, drawing, playing video games, etc. Things that can keep your mind off of what's making you anxious are generally good coping skills.
    I'm also in Dialectical Behavior Therapy and on a few medications. I can't say for sure that the medications help that much with controlling anxiety but it's different for every person. DBT therapy is highly effective for treating anxiety and OCD.
    Anxiety can come out of nowhere and symptoms can develop at any point in a person's life. Since you've just started having symptoms recently, can you think back to anything that may have happened in your life that is causing you more anxiety than usual? Anxiety doesn't always have a cause though; often times people with anxiety disorders, panic disorders, and OCD feel anxious for no particular reason. That's more what my problem is.
    I really hope my advice was helpful. If you need any other questions answered, don't be shy about posting here. We're a very welcoming, friendly community here and we're always looking to support each other.
    Feel free to contact me any time if you need more advice.
    /Keddy
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote empathy323 View Post
    Hello my name is Daniel

These past couple months I started noticing Ive had anxiety symptoms. My chest starts beating like crazy whenever there is a situation that bothers me or overwhelms me. The scary part is when its lasts more than a day. I tend to be a very deep thinker, which to an extent is a strength but is also a weakness. (which is this) Usually the problems that lead to it are related to enemies or people I tend to have problems with. Im not a problematic person, i hate getting into conflicts or quarrels with people. Not to get too much into depth of it but for instance: I work with co-workers I dont get along with which usually leads me to worry or overthink stuff.

I currently jog and drink chamomile to help keep it under control, but I want to be open to more options. Can any of you guys relate? What methods do you guys use to keep it under control?

Please comment thanx.
    -Daniel
    We have to learn to think outside the box. We can't think like them; we can't think for them. Other psople may have anxiety, too.
    There are things that we should worry about, and then there are things that we should not be worrying about. The key is to find the line.

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy helps - Lucinda Bassett has a program like that.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I apreciate the feedback fam. Thank you for all the advice, I thought I was the only person in the planet with this issue :')

Could you elaborate more on who Lucinda Basset is?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Hi Daniel. I just wanted to say welcome to the forum. And you're definitely not alone with this. There are many people here who can definitely relate.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.