Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Special K View Post
    i woke up in a rather sever panic attack .. ughhh
    sending in my panic-squeezers....

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The bed collapsed and caused an attack when I woke up. Telling myself to stop didn't work a bit, so I just let it play out. 30 seconds or so later, I was fine. Another strange thing that I think may be related to panic attacks...sometimes I wake up drawing in a HUGE breath of air when the alarm goes off. Not sure what causes this as it doesn't happen every time.
    Be yourself, everyone else is taken. -Oscar Wilde

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Remember, it's the panic attack that wakes us up out of sleep mode. Something in the mind is triggering this during the night - usually from stuff during the day.
    In my experience, learning to handle the daytime stuff leads to better night's sleep!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote jsgt View Post
    The bed collapsed and caused an attack when I woke up. Telling myself to stop didn't work a bit, so I just let it play out. 30 seconds or so later, I was fine. Another strange thing that I think may be related to panic attacks...sometimes I wake up drawing in a HUGE breath of air when the alarm goes off. Not sure what causes this as it doesn't happen every time.
    I can relate to the huge breath of air, if my mum and dad come in of a morning to wake me up they have to do it extremely quietly and gently. Before when they'd just say my name from the door and it's time to get up/aren't you going to be late I would end up shooting straight into a sitting position with a huge gasp really scared my dad and Matty if he tried waking me up after a long night sleep because for a few minutes if need to catch my breath. Scared the crap out of me. Thankfully I think that's gone away now so fingers crossed it stays away (not a nice way to wake up)

Keddy's Avatar The Awkward Conversationalist
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I woke up in a panic attack in my friends' dorm room the other day. Scary as hell. Luckily they slept through it.
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    that's lucky I hate anyone seeing me panic, mattys the one exception but i've panicked in front of people and been teased for it and panicked when people were near and I thought they'd see me if I did panic...no matter what the reason it always sucks

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Chloe View Post
    I can relate to the huge breath of air, if my mum and dad come in of a morning to wake me up they have to do it extremely quietly and gently. Before when they'd just say my name from the door and it's time to get up/aren't you going to be late I would end up shooting straight into a sitting position with a huge gasp really scared my dad and Matty if he tried waking me up after a long night sleep because for a few minutes if need to catch my breath. Scared the crap out of me. Thankfully I think that's gone away now so fingers crossed it stays away (not a nice way to wake up)
    Glad to hear...err not glad to hear, but good to know it's not just me. You're right...not a pleasant way to wake up.
    Be yourself, everyone else is taken. -Oscar Wilde

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.