Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When you're not having a good day,

do you let everyone know that you're not in a good mood or feeling well so that they'll leave you alone? Do you let it influence your performance at school or work?

I've found that too many people expect others to leave them alone or avoid certain topics if their days are not going well and expect all of this attention from everyone so that they can feel better about themselves and about their days. When they're the ones having a bad day, anyone else's bad day doesn't seem to matter.

For example, let's say that my girlfriend wasn't feeling well because she was having problems with her room mate. Let's also say that I wasn't having a good day because my email was acting up and I couldn't check to see the details of an appointment I had. If Jessica expected me to understand her troubles and be supportive but she didn't care about my frustrations with a meeting I missed, I'd be disappointed because it would seem like things going on in her life were the only things that mattered to her.

If I'm not having a good day or not feeling well, people usually can't tell. In my experience, letting others know about it at school or work means your performance suffers and you can't get things done when you have assignments, projects, and other responsibilities. People out there expect you to keep it under control so you can still meet deadlines and finish what you started.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    When I am having a bad day or feel stressed I role play in my head that I am telling my boyfriend. Then when I go to tell him I have minimised the situation in my head by going over and over it and making it out to not be a big deal. Then because I have role played it out I almost convince myself that I have told him of past bad day (even though I have not) and I feel like I complain a lot, then I end up apologising when ever I do complain about something and his response it that I NEVER complain about anything and that I should do it more often lol.....does that even make sense
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote lasair View Post
    When I am having a bad day or feel stressed I role play in my head that I am telling my boyfriend. Then when I go to tell him I have minimised the situation in my head by going over and over it and making it out to not be a big deal. Then because I have role played it out I almost convince myself that I have told him of past bad day (even though I have not) and I feel like I complain a lot, then I end up apologising when ever I do complain about something and his response it that I NEVER complain about anything and that I should do it more often lol.....does that even make sense
    Lol I get it.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    When I'm having a bad day I try not to let it show at school or work, but once I get home to my fiancé I like to act really over dramatic about it in a silly way. I've never felt comfortable complaining so I have to make a joke out of it. It makes me feel better to get it all out like that at once too, so when I'm done making a big deal about it, I'm really done. Unless it's something more serious; then I will probably just be withdrawn and in my own head. I'm not necessarily a good friend or partner at those times. :/

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. -- Maya Angelou

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It depends on how much my mood is affecting others. I usually will let people know that I'm not feeling to well so if I'm too withdrawn and quiet not to get too upset. My friend's Mom had an aggressive cancer for the last two weeks she was not her usual self. She finally took a family leave and her Mom just passed away. I'm hoping that she is ok. She seems to take death hard. Both my parents are still alive and I dread their passing; however, I believe that they are going to a better place and I wouldn't want to see them suffer.

A few years back for some reason my anxiety levels were extremely high, I hadn't met a lot of my expectations for myself and I fell apart so to speak. I never said a thing to anyone.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Kinda. I’m always having a bad day and while I don’t tell anyone.. I think people can sometimes notice because I respond in curt short words and don’t ever act enthusiastic about it. This is at work. I don’t talk to ppl outside of that so it’s a non issue. But at work even, I find that a lot of people don’t take the hint that I am in a bad mood and they insist on invading my privacy and harassing me. It’s so annoying. I don’t want to tell them I’m in a bad mood bcus then it’s like I’m obligated to report my mood to them every day which is bullshit, I don’t want to do that.
    I don?t like being around or interacting with other people, this is my personality. I am a jerk - I don?t mean to be, but whenever I speak up I say something rude. It?s just the way that I am. Don?t bother me.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.