Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

BPD ruining my life.

My borderline personality disorder is ruining my life! please, i need help. im desperate.?

my biggest problem areas are feeling anxious when im alone & getting defensive/angry over stupid things. the worst part is that i dont realize what im doing until i've hurt someone, then i feel guilty & worse about myself. i was in therapy long enough to get a diagnosis but i didnt learn any coping skills (i cant afford therapy anymore). does anyone who has BPD or has had experience dealing with it know any coping skills that could help me? i'll try anything.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: BPD ruining my life.

I once had a boyfriend that would hurt me and other people then feel horrible later which caused him to get defensive and never wanted to fess up to what he did wrong. One thing we found worked is...if he felt like he was getting on the defensive to say he needed to go on a walk then when he came back he would be ready to talk cause he had time to gather his thoughts. As far as being home alone the only thing that helps me is to watch tv or listen to music or call a friend to help calm me down. I hope this may help you

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: BPD ruining my life.

When anger arises in any situation, the BEST thing to do is get far away as possible from the person who is making you angry and then discuss the matter when the heat of the moment feeling disappears. I would suggest googling some "Anger Management" techniques to help you with that.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.