Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Misssy View Post
    Hiya Chanti, Well, honestly I haven't given it much thought recently in the past few years. When I was in my 20's I was very interested in this kind of thing, cosmos and spirituality and even some religion, though the older I get the farther away from it I am, maybe it is the grittiness of life or how I can see how life kind of falls apart for people. Not sure what it is exactly, just that losing the hopefulness and idealism of youth I guess...in a personal way of just how life turns out. I keep talking about becoming older on here, I guess because I am appalled that I have had this problem "Anxiety" for so long, and I used to hope that I would overcome it or grow out of it....and life perspective does seem to change. To get back to the answer, my perspective is that we are just another generation of humans, that have come and gone for a very long time, think of the Egyptians, or tribal peoples, cave peoples. From the way I See the world, I am not so significant that there would be any "meaning" to my life. I think my life is meaningless. I did some genealogy and there were generations before me that I barely knew personally as people. Grandparents who I never had a close relationship to etc..... so not even in a spiritual sense of meaning but also in a very tangible sense. These people don't know me and I don't know them, and I sometimes wonder more about the world and people around me and if there is any meaning in that. There seems to be very little. As far as god goes, it just doesn't make sense to me. The discussions of ancient people who are no longer alive and worshiping them. Even those who are worshipping the Dali Lama, a "living god" of sorts.....well what difference does any of it make. I have no answers really. And I figure people can believe whatever they want..but for me it doesn't make a lot of sense. Though oddly enough I still need a sense of wonder and possibility in life. Hardcore....non-believers in the magical..kind of bore me. For as much as I don't consider myself a believer...I feel like I need a sense of magic and wonder in life. Shrug. God clearly isn't here to protect us because look at all the horrible things that happen to people in this world............................I mean after praying and praying and praying...and here we are, god hasn't really answered my prayers.
    Hi back at ya, Misssy! I hear you about perspective and beliefs changing as you get older and start to wonder about this world. Thanks for sharing what you believe.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    atheist. I don't believe there is any overarching meaning or purpose to life (because there was no intent behind it's emergence in the first place), just the meaning or purpose you give to it.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote meeps View Post
    atheist. I don't believe there is any overarching meaning or purpose to life (because there was no intent behind it's emergence in the first place), just the meaning or purpose you give to it.
    I hear you about giving our own lives some meaning. I believe that too. Thanks for sharing your beliefs.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I've tried churches like Unitarian, Catholic, Presbyterian. Since I'm a socially "anxious" person even the PARTICIPATION part of talking to people in church can be very hard for me. Churches are good for families I think. I know that is not the question but I feel like an even more odd-person-out in the church setting.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I went to a unitarean church once and the lady who greeted me at the door wouldn't let go of my hand when she introduced herself-talk about AWKWARD!
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    dont have any beliefs, when i die that's the end of my existence, just like switching off a lightbulb

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Misssy View Post
    I've tried churches like Unitarian, Catholic, Presbyterian. Since I'm a socially "anxious" person even the PARTICIPATION part of talking to people in church can be very hard for me. Churches are good for families I think. I know that is not the question but I feel like an even more odd-person-out in the church setting.
    I feel this also and would get a tad sad when I sat alone in church looking at families. I think I've got you beat on the church "shopping." I've tried Baptist, Catholic, Presbyterian, "listened twice to the Mormon missionary guys, Church of Christ, Lutheran, Episcopalian, Wesleyn, and numerous non-denominational churches.

And you said that wasn't the question, but in essence it was. Your belief is a searcher maybe. That's what I call myself also. I have my beliefs and I go looking around for people who have similar beliefs. Haven't quite found that yet myself.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote whiteman View Post
    I went to a unitarean church once and the lady who greeted me at the door wouldn't let go of my hand when she introduced herself-talk about AWKWARD!
    There was some hidden video show on the other day where the shop keeper wouldn't let go of people's hands the whole time they were in the store. The people were not pleased.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote life View Post
    dont have any beliefs, when i die that's the end of my existence, just like switching off a lightbulb
    Well, I like your lightbulb presently and hope it stays on for a very long time.

Thank you life, Misssy and whiteman for sharing your beliefs.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    My relationship with religion is somewhat limited? I believe their's a god and don't go passed that.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote FiestyAnxiety View Post
    My relationship with religion is somewhat limited? I believe their's a god and don't go passed that.
    Thanks for sharing your belief with us.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know what religion I am. I believe in being kind and respectful to everyone, being selfless and making sure I give to charity and help people in need. I am a strong believer in Karma and new-age practices, but I don't know what religion that makes me. Agnostic I guess. There's definitely something up there, I just believe there's a force, not a God.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    FlirtyFlirty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I grew up as a Lutheran, baptized, confirmed, Sunday school teacher. Slowly moved away from organized religion and would consider myself more spiritual now. I took a History of Religion class in college and found it fascinating and have basically made an amalgamation of different types of religion that works for me. Each form of religion has its own version of the golden rule which I believe to be our ultimate goal, and what I strive to live by. After death I believe that what others consider a soul is the memory of our loved ones still residing in our heart.
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no one's definition of your life;
    Define Yourself
    -Robert Frost-

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'd call myself a philosophical agnostic pantheist (formerly Catholic but that wasn't my choice, it was hoisted upon me before I could think). There's a wiki article on pantheism if anyone's interested.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Ms.Lady View Post
    I don't know what religion I am. I believe in being kind and respectful to everyone, being selfless and making sure I give to charity and help people in need. I am a strong believer in Karma and new-age practices, but I don't know what religion that makes me. Agnostic I guess. There's definitely something up there, I just believe there's a force, not a God.
    I know for myself, I don't consider having a religion. I just have beliefs. So no worries. I wasn't asking about a religion, but just what you believe. Thanks for sharing your belief.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.