Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i believe in god and higher beings .... and ghosts...

i believe we don't know half of it ... or more what is out there....

i believe he never died and went on a space trip ... when we were told he suicided... but i can't prove it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=527fb3-UZGo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61Urq6hn4h8

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote cathering View Post
    i believe in god and higher beings .... and ghosts...

i believe we don't know half of it ... or more what is out there....

i believe he never died and went on a space trip ... when we were told he suicided... but i can't prove it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=527fb3-UZGo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61Urq6hn4h8
    Thanks for sharing your beliefs cathering. It's always interesting to see such diverse views of our existence and universe.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I identify as an atheist.
    I grew up in a christian home and attended church (presbyterian) regularly til the age of 20.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    since i was not really raised with a religion besides being told im protestant christian whenever i asked my mom "mom, what religion am i?" it will be up to me pick one or not. if i do pick a religion it would be Christianity and the catholic type. not just to be catholic with mexicans or g.k. chesterton or other ppl i like that are that but because... no thats probably just it, cuz my favorite ppl are catholics i should copy them to be catholic! not sure im ready to take that step yet. i have chestertons fabulous apolgetics under my belt, and the christian influence from other ppl, but im still pretty shaky on the bible and religious history, i've got a sense of some of it from some stuff, but i would die to a quiz on the facts. dont quiz me on the facts. so im not sure im ready yet. and then dont i need to do something? i would not really officially turn catholic unless i marry a catholic. which is an idea that does sound pretty good to me. that will probably be the fastest way for me to religion. then i just join them in all their religious stuff.

i believe in stuff like goodness and virtues but more just about people than gods. and certain ppl having a lot of goodness and virtues. such as jesus. now this is pretty simple idea so why am im saying it? well i read some people that say this is all that religion is really about which i thought is cool. they say that noble and great ppl that walked this earth was always the primary inspiration for religions. it wasn't as much that the confusing capricious natural forces is made sense of by the gods, or the sun is personified by a god, but the the power of nature was always only more of just a metaphor for the power of gods that was conceived from the power of man.

thomas carlyle is one writer that believed this and he likes to repeat it in all his books a bunch of times. i put some quotes from him below. i think he's really cute and funny and a good person, i love his exclamations and the passion he has for his views. this would be the beginning of my religion too, but i would also become catholic so i can fit in with something and for what i said above.

Spoiler: Reverence for Human Worth, earnest devout search for it and encouragement of it, loyal furtherance and obedience to it: this, I say, is the outcome and essence of all true "religions," and was and ever will be

But now if all things whatsoever that we look upon are emblems to us of the Highest God, I add that more so than any of them is man such an emblem.

The young generations of the world, who had in them the freshness of young children, and yet the depth of earnest men, who did not think that they had finished off all things in Heaven and Earth by merely giving them scientific names, but had to gaze direct at them there, with awe and wonder: they felt better what of divinity is in man and Nature; they, without being mad, could worship Nature, and man more than anything else in Nature.

No nobler feeling than this of admiration for one higher than himself dwells in the breast of man. It is to this hour, and at all hours, the vivifying influence in man's life.

Men do reverence men. Men do worship in that 'one temple of the world,' as Novalis calls it, the Presence of a Man! Hero- worship, true and blessed, or else mistaken, false and accursed, goes on everywhere and everywhen. In this world there is one godlike thing, the essence of all that was or ever will be of godlike in this world: the veneration done to Human Worth by the hearts of men. Hero-worship, in the souls of the heroic, of the clear and wise,—it is the perpetual presence of Heaven in our poor Earth: when it is not there, Heaven is veiled from us; and all is under Heaven's ban and interdict, and there is no worship, or worthship, or worth or blessedness in the Earth any more!—

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Thanks, Kirsebaer and enfield for sharing your beliefs. It's always interesting to hear about people's journeys.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.