Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What made you anxious today?

Let's talk about all the things in our daily lives that make us an anxious.

While I was waiting at the bus stop I got hit on. Hard. He wanted to come to my house "as friends". I didn't know how to handle it. What's almost worse is that I never get hit on and he told me I was beautiful like 5 times, so even though it was creepy and tested my social anxiety I kind of liked it? The ambiguity makes me anxious.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. -- Maya Angelou

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    [/QUOTE]While I was waiting at the bus stop I got hit on. Hard. He wanted to come to my house "as friends". I didn't know how to handle it.[/QUOTE]

Was this some one you knew or a stranger? A complete stranger ups the creepy dude factor like 100 times. Also if someone trys to charm you beware and the immediate second question should be why is this person trying to charm me? It also is good for your ego that some one likes you for just being alive and there.

I am probably way too cautious, but I seem to meet some creepy people. However one of my most favorite people in the world could be considered creepy because he constantly flirts and hits on "all women." I usually give him a smart [BEEP] comment back or if he gets too bad I yell at him which of course makes him laugh but he does back off and apologize and deep down he's the type of person who would help me out if I really needed it.

I'm not really having too much anxiety today. I did worry about not being friendly or having too much to say. We worked with the new store leader and she is different, personally I think she is kind of shy and that she prefers to deal one on one with people instead of what I call the politician, greet people very superficially in a group setting and be oh so fake and friendly. See I already like her better than previous store managers.

A lot of people don't care for her, they prefer to be greeted superficially rather than genuinely. I guess a few times she didn't respond too warmly to some superficial friendly types and they took offense.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote merc View Post
    Was this some one you knew or a stranger? A complete stranger ups the creepy dude factor like 100 times. Also if someone trys to charm you beware and the immediate second question should be why is this person trying to charm me? It also is good for your ego that some one likes you for just being alive and there.
    Total stranger! I was not very direct though and he wasn't picking up on my cues probably due to a culture barrier (from his accent I am pretty sure he was an international student. I've met quite a few in that program).
    I just have low self-esteem and want to hear good stuff whether it's manipulation or not.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. -- Maya Angelou

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ooh ok! A cultural difference. I took a few Spanish courses in a smallish town in Mexico. If you didn't greet everyone you were acquainted with with a handshake, actually it was a special handshake, it was considered rude. As a woman you had to know to walk near the buildings on a street and any male companions needed to walk towards the cars. If not, it was a sign that you were a hooker. I learned this the first day when our guide who was getting exasperated with us trying to figure out his penchant for walking on the outside of the sidewalk.

I had to tell this to a male student who's young female guide was too embarrassed to inform him. They were also pretty direct about whether or not you looked good, which was actually good for my self esteem. I had a friend though who was very tall with bright red hair and she created a stir wherever she went, people would kind of hiss and run and come to stare at her. I live in northeastern Pa, which is a very white area and red hair is not unusual or anything special. I later learned that it's sometimes red hair is considered a mark of witchcraft, but, I've no idea why she attracted this attention.

I when I went walking alone was ignored and blended in, although with my, mousey light brown hair was called blonde by many.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote merc View Post
    Ooh ok! A cultural difference. I took a few Spanish courses in a smallish town in Mexico. If you didn't greet everyone you were acquainted with with a handshake, actually it was a special handshake, it was considered rude. As a woman you had to know to walk near the buildings on a street and any male companions needed to walk towards the cars. If not, it was a sign that you were a hooker. I learned this the first day when our guide who was getting exasperated with us trying to figure out his penchant for walking on the outside of the sidewalk.

I had to tell this to a male student who's young female guide was too embarrassed to inform him. They were also pretty direct about whether or not you looked good, which was actually good for my self esteem. I had a friend though who was very tall with bright red hair and she created a stir wherever she went, people would kind of hiss and run and come to stare at her. I live in northeastern Pa, which is a very white area and red hair is not unusual or anything special. I later learned that it's sometimes red hair is considered a mark of witchcraft, but, I've no idea why she attracted this attention.

I when I went walking alone was ignored and blended in, although with my, mousey light brown hair was called blonde by many.
    Wow that's really interesting!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Today I'm super anxious about my health. I was supposed to hear back about my blood work results yesterday. I think I'm more worried that it's normal and everything is all in my head.
    I wish I could relax and read but I can't focus.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm in a walk-in clinic. I've never been to a walk-in clinic. I'm almost at panic-attack levels of anxiety. Trying to act like I'm just flustered due to pain.

And I started a totally bum thread. I suck.

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote QuietCalamity View Post
    I'm in a walk-in clinic. I've never been to a walk-in clinic. I'm almost at panic-attack levels of anxiety. Trying to act like I'm just flustered due to pain.

And I started a totally bum thread. I suck.
    You don't suck.

I hope you get some answers soon.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Actually I really like this thread. I'm not anxiety ridden all of the time. What made me anxious yesterday. A new co-worker was in a pissy mood. She seemed angry and I'm not sure why. I really don't think it was me, just she was mad that the person she usually works with was in a different department, which does happen and i really don't see why that would piss anyone off.

Later when I went on break, I noticed that the only people on break were my supervisors. I tried to calmly dump out my water and throw it out then I exited the room and went to the computer room to try and schedule a day off. My heart was pounding so hard and I felt like a big dork but I did calmly dump out the water and only then did I flee the room. I suppose that could be considered progress!!!Yet, I fled because I was too scared to have to talk to two of them, no amount of breathing exercises would help with that situation!If they weren't there I might have taken a short break, but I get discouraged because I know other people talk like normal people to bosses and don't hide, yet I'm sometimes unable to act like a normal person.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Going to the dentist made me anxious today >.<. And lucky me, I get to go tomorrow too lol. I don't mind going, I just didn't know what to expect since it had been years since I'd been there. I was worried I might have a mouth full of cavities because I'm not exactly prepared to pay to have any filled, but it looks like my flossing has paid off. The spot I thought might be a cavity isn't quite a cavity yet, and sealant will help that. That's apparently what I'll be having done tomorrow.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HappyHappy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote IllusionOfHappiness View Post
    Going to the dentist made me anxious today >.<. And lucky me, I get to go tomorrow too lol. I don't mind going, I just didn't know what to expect since it had been years since I'd been there. I was worried I might have a mouth full of cavities because I'm not exactly prepared to pay to have any filled, but it looks like my flossing has paid off. The spot I thought might be a cavity isn't quite a cavity yet, and sealant will help that. That's apparently what I'll be having done tomorrow.
    Aww... Hope you'll be ok.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Harpuia View Post
    Aww... Hope you'll be ok.
    Thanks
    Thankfully I didn't have to break the bank. Still would have been nice to have insurance though.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote merc View Post
    Actually I really like this thread. I'm not anxiety ridden all of the time. What made me anxious yesterday. A new co-worker was in a pissy mood. She seemed angry and I'm not sure why. I really don't think it was me, just she was mad that the person she usually works with was in a different department, which does happen and i really don't see why that would piss anyone off.

Later when I went on break, I noticed that the only people on break were my supervisors. I tried to calmly dump out my water and throw it out then I exited the room and went to the computer room to try and schedule a day off. My heart was pounding so hard and I felt like a big dork but I did calmly dump out the water and only then did I flee the room. I suppose that could be considered progress!!!Yet, I fled because I was too scared to have to talk to two of them, no amount of breathing exercises would help with that situation!If they weren't there I might have taken a short break, but I get discouraged because I know other people talk like normal people to bosses and don't hide, yet I'm sometimes unable to act like a normal person.
    I can relate. I can't talk with my boss without acting like he's about to hit me, and he's the most chill dude lol. My SA is a lot worse with authority figures, so you're not alone!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote IllusionOfHappiness View Post
    You don't suck.

I hope you get some answers soon.
    Thanks I did finally get a test scheduled that I knew I needed, so I'm happy.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Thanks for putting up this thread, Cal. I think it's a great topic.

I get anxious about therapy each week. I can avoid feelings until the session. Since my sessions are via Skype, I just sit here and cry after I log off. I've heard people say they actually like to go to therapy. It's always been my absolute worst time of the week.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.