Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    At work being told to drop what I was doing, I was almost finished so two others in my department could finish up stocking about only 10 items. Later, when the direct supervisor came, he asked what did she say and i relayed that I was to immediately stop so she and Cora could take over. He said no, that's not what I said. I said that I told them I was finishing up the cart and then I would go. As it turns out we all were almost finished!!!I also told him it was asinine. Insulting etc. I know that I am the fastest he's got at pushing carts. I work really hard at organizing them so they can be pushed quickly.

We then pushed a the entire baby department by ourselves within one hour, which he "overly praised "us. I know i was a little "whatever" rude, but, I am a pretty good worker and I directed everyone to where I thought they would do the best and it worked. We get praised for that, but the one day I pushed the entire clothing section minus women'a hosiery and the shoe department all by myself. I truly think it was a personal record and not one manger knows anything!!

I've fretted about this long enough today!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Going out for drinks with some coworkers after my last day of my internship. But it was fun. I like them a lot. And now I SLEEP.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. -- Maya Angelou

Keddy's Avatar The Awkward Conversationalist
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Waking up in the hospital and forgetting where I was.
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Harpuia View Post
    My mother called me a pathetic con artist who's only using her for food...

I hate myself.
    This may sound overly simplistic, but screw her.

Screw anyone who talks to you like that and makes you feel that way.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Today I woke to find my alarm had been going off silently for over an hour. So a mad dash to get to work ensued, which included a £28 taxi which couldn't pick me up straight away. Turns out there was traffic and crashes on all the major roads into the city since drivers around here go far too fast on the country roads, even when it's wet and almost gale force winds.

As I've mentioned before, lateness really sets my anxiety off and I had to let my fiancé calm me down a few times before the taxi arrived (with reassuring words and hugs). I made it, just. But I've been flustered and anxious all morning so have barely spoken more than a few words to my boss, who I'm certain has noticed despite her busyness. She's let me have my lunch break early. I think she saw the "I need coffee!" In my eyes.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Argh. I hate how completely dumb I go when certain people talk to me.

My work has a lot of very slow opening, access card required doors. This involves a lot of times ending up with getting a few people standing there on either side of the door. This morning I walked into work and got to the last door only the notice one of the newer girls standing on the other side. She's nice and always says hi to me...and I just go into full stare-at-the-floor-like-a-dumbass mode. I managed to say hi at least, but I sure must seem like an ass.

Why can't I just converse like a normal human being instead of getting buried in anxiety?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why can't I just converse like a normal human being instead of getting buried in anxiety?

I was going to post what happened at work today, but then I saw your post and this just about sums it up nicely. Some people I'm never anxious around then others... I also have trouble being nice or polite...I asked this person to wait, we still had stuff that needed to go back and they were clearing the floor. So, he waited and I as quickly as possible dumped my stuff off and then I got out of his way. Well, another co-worker thanked him for waiting and made me feel like a jerk. I've seen this person for two years and we aren't friendly. He's just a person who works there.

There are people who've worked there for two weeks who know more people than I do. I just always assume people hate me and I keep to myself and I really don't care, I'd rather be alone by choice than depressed over being rejected. I just can't. I don't like people. This is why I think I may be more of an avoident personality type, yet I do like and get along with a few people?? This is sometimes the worst disorder in the world to have.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote merc View Post
    I came here to say the same thing LOL. I had orientation for my new job today and it was just me and another lady. She seemed really nice and wanted to chat but my mind was blank. Even when I think of normal things to say sometimes they won't come out of my mouth.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. -- Maya Angelou

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Last night I was laid in bed panicking about the call I had to make to the doctors this morning. If I didn't do it I'd have run out of my anti-depressants/anxiety medication on Thirsday and I have yet to start on my increased dose. I stupidly miscounted my weeks. I should have called sooner! >.<

But when I called this morning it was all ok, in fact one girl in the office was printing out the Perscription whilst I was on the phone to the other. Timing. I has it.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Being my car to the garage today wasn't fun
    life---> <---me

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Had a massive anxiety spike with my grandparents over I don't why they set off my anxiety so bad but I guess it's just the feeling of knowing how awkward I am around them and the fact I have nothing to talk about. So what do I do? What any normal well-adjusted person does and hide in the bathroom breaking down and trying to get myself adjusted enough to finally go downstairs to say hello .

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Koalafan View Post
    Had a massive anxiety spike with my grandparents over I don't why they set off my anxiety so bad but I guess it's just the feeling of knowing how awkward I am around them and the fact I have nothing to talk about. So what do I do? What any normal well-adjusted person does and hide in the bathroom breaking down and trying to get myself adjusted enough to finally go downstairs to say hello .
    Anxiety around family members is never very pleasant >.<. At least when it's around random strangers, you know you'll likely never see them again. I'll often have anxiety around my grandparents too. Probably has a lot to do with visiting them being another situation wherein I have to seriously limit what I say. And if there's every anyone I'm going to put on my very best forced smile for, it's the grandparents. So yeah. That stuff.

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote IllusionOfHappiness View Post
    Anxiety around family members is never very pleasant >.<. At least when it's around random strangers, you know you'll likely never see them again. I'll often have anxiety around my grandparents too. Probably has a lot to do with visiting them being another situation wherein I have to seriously limit what I say. And if there's every anyone I'm going to put on my very best forced smile for, it's the grandparents. So yeah. That stuff.
    Thanks Illusion! Anxiety around family members do indeed suck =/ my grandparents are really awesome people and I really do enjoy seeing them but I just can't get comfortable talking around them ><. And then the spiral begins and I get the inevitable "Why are you so quiet?" My face gets red and the cycle just keeps repeating itself....bah.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I accidentally triggered myself today and I had to calm myself down and stop myself from crying (which would have likely turned into a panic attack) It was completely by accident and was in the middle of the coffee shop whilst waiting for a friend to turn up and now the thoughts/feelings won't leave me alone.

Whhhyyyyy?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had to go out to the shop today, and today had to be the day I have a big spot on my face :-( Got to the shops and kept thinking they were staring at me, and talking about how ugly I was behind my back
    I will hide until its safe outside!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.