Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

What makes a good person?

What makes a good person?

I try to see the good in people until proven wrong.

Does it make me a bad person to do right by myself hurting someone else in the process in a way that cannot be avoided.

if, and mostly I agree
    Good = Selflessness and Evil = Selfishness.

Would that make me a bad person?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Parakeet View Post
    Lasair your far from a bad person. Very far

Just the fact of the field you work in, and the patients you have, is something to show how good of a person you are.

Things that make people bad are negative qualities like hatred and jealousy, envy and greediness, and also emotions like frustration/anger. All of this contributes to making a person do bad things. For a person to be bad most of the things that they do have to be bad things. We all do bad things sometimes, and sometimes we do bad things for good reasons. you are only a bad person if you intentionally do bad things to hurt someone knowing the effect, without caring.
    I don't think that I am a bad person - maybe even too caring of others needs - I would put someone elses feelings before mine!
    I am trying to reason with myself that in hurting someone (in the least way possible) I am in fact doing better by myself.....which counts more than protecting them from my true feelings....
    Does that make sense?

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.