Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Sagan's Avatar Carl Sagan
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Grocery shopping! I uh needa tha food! Sometimes hungry is easier than anxiety attack.
    http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    So I thought I was completely over my SA by now, but apparently not exactly. I've met this very friendly spanish girl who takes the same night bus as me after work and she's fun to chat with, we laugh together and talk about everything. I never had a problem with that, I even enjoy her company, but just the other day the thought of having to chit chat with her on the bus after work made me feel quite uncomfortable so instead of waiting for the bus I decided to go home by foot. That's a 40-minute walk, in the dark. And it was cold. Wft is wrong with me? :b

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My neighbors!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Having to call to say which college orientation date I'm going to go to because I'll be too scared to be there by myself surrounded by strangers
    Keep it cool. Cool people never show emotion. Keep it cool.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote FireIsTheCleanser View Post
    Having to call to say which college orientation date I'm going to go to because I'll be too scared to be there by myself surrounded by strangers
    when i went to mine i was nervous but thankfully i didn't have to call to schedule it. if i had had to call i would have put off making the phone call but that would've just made me think of it more and how i didn't wanna go. i really dread making phone calls. the day arrived and it was a foggy morning. i felt pretty calm from the weather. i set out from home on time and i brought a book with me just in case there was free time when people talked or mingled. we were all eventually seated together in a big room at round tables. some kids had parents and family with them which made me a lot less intimidated. when kids are around their families they're very harmless. we picked out classes at the table. that seemed like a really outdated method to me since i thought everybody does it online. they actually do, just for orientation they make you do it when you come using the catalogues they've printed out to ensure everybody leaves signed up for classes in the fall.

while we were doing that there was a lady on speaker phone that was kinda nice to listen to explaining about college and the relationship between parents and their kids and that we cant be coddled anymore.

at lunch time there was subway. yum. except i was on a weird diet or felt awkward to take the food and i had brought unsweetened chocolate with me to eat. i sat down and took my bag of chocolate out and started to read and about 3 mins later a girl came up and sat across from me. i continued to read and didn't look up but couldn't focus anymore. then she said hi and i put the book down and we started talking. she was nice and friendly and we talked the entire lunch. after i felt really good that somebody talked to me for that long. i knew i wasn't that great to talk to, but even when orientation was over and i left to take the bus home, i still felt good from that. i never talked to somebody that long all of high school. even since then i never talked to a stranger for that long again.

thats my story of college orientation and how it turned out pretty good.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Leaving my house at all.

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Life in general.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Sagan View Post
    Grocery shopping! I uh needa tha food! Sometimes hungry is easier than anxiety attack.
    This. I don't understand why exactly, but even after I'm over everything else, dragging myself to the grocery store is the toughest for me. I have a friend who usually goes with me on Sundays, and if we miss our usual "grocery-support date," neither of us buy food for the next week, and live on convenience stuff until we see each other again.

(I say this chewing on a premade sandwich from 7-Eleven)

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Oh wait, the other thing I'm avoiding is paying my fine for possession of a controlled substance, because I don't like being scrutinized on my way into the courthouse. Inevitably the security guards say something stupid and I shoot a smart remark back at them. They're easier on me than other people, still.

I'm like three days late paying on my fine, which is really no big deal. My prior roommate used to put off paying his fine until the sheriff showed up at his house with a warrant to take him to jail. He used them as a taxi to get to the ATM, then handed them the money and they went away. Three months in a row

I won't let it get that bad...I promise lol.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Phoning my friends and family, eating in front of people and being myself

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Filling out job application forms. I feel like the people reading them are going to judge me.

I seriously need a job.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Paying rent. Really this is silly.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Talking to my close friend whom I have feelings for. . .I feel as though the conversation would be empty and that I would be bothering her

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote lemia View Post
    Talking to my close friend whom I have feelings for. . .I feel as though the conversation would be empty and that I would be bothering her
    I feel the same way with just about everyone. Can't initiate any conversations without me feeling like I will be bothering them.
    Keep it cool. Cool people never show emotion. Keep it cool.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    pedro* always thinks he is bothering me. he wont start a conversation almost ever from thinking this. on the rare times he does he will ask if he's bothering me or say that he felt like he is bothering me less than 1min into the chat. -__-

and i always have to YELL at him "NO, YOU'RE NOT BOTHERING ME! YOU HAVE NEVER BOTHERED ME! I REALLY LIKE IT WHEN YOU START CONVOS WITH ME!"

but he still seems to feel this way. is it my yelling? i dont really have the same inhibition to bothering ppl. only if its ones that i didn't talk to in a good while i might. then i sometimes believe we weren't really as close of friends as i thought and maybe we didn't talk for that long because they didn't want to talk to me, and that i would be bothering them to say hi and ask whats up. time sows doubts.

*im using his name i used to have for him before i learned the real one

==

im avoiding signing up for classes or figuring out my future college plans. most ppl go from the community college in my city to the state school next door (its literally almost right next door) but i already got disqualified from the state school after attending there for 2 years, so i need to go talk to them and beg for a way to be able to go back. which im puting off from doing. i didn't rule the option of going to another school out, but i want to finish college without moving away or doing all that stuff if possible.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.