Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

I hate Christmas

I probably post something similar every year, but I really dislike Christmas time. I am not Scrooge or anything, maybe I get seasonal affective disorder and it hits me hard at this time or something. I find I am analysing everything "wrong" with my life that I usually have no problem accepting - my lack of friends, my lack of closeness with my family, my lack of a social life. I wish I wish I wish I could tell this to my boyfriend but I feel I can hardly explain it to myself so how can I explain it to him. I feel lonely, I am working all next week which in reality is better than spending Christmas at home. I wish I could spend it with my boyfriend, I feel happier with him - right now I feel down in myself and I dislike it!!

Does anyone else get this???
    life---> <---me

Inscrutable Banana's Avatar Diggin' My Potatoes
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm mostly apathetic toward it, although it is a time of the year where my lack of a social life, girlfriend, or any meaningful family life is even more apparent than it normally is...so I guess that can be a bit of a bummer.
    “Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hate Christmas. I hate all I have to do. I despise shopping. I hate crowds. Yet, my family has a good time. I didn't get much of a chance to bake anything. My mother used to bake so much stuff. We didn't get as much presents as kids today. Seriously I would get an outfit or new shirt or sweater and if younger a toy or two. Usually we got three gifts.However, my parents had six kids . A game for each kid was six games None of it was wrapped, my husband insists that the presents must be wrapped. It's so hard finding gifts for people. I hate feeling broke.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Inscrutable Banana View Post
    I'm mostly apathetic toward it, although it is a time of the year where my lack of a social life, girlfriend, or any meaningful family life is even more apparent than it normally is...so I guess that can be a bit of a bummer.
    Pretty much this exactly. I know most people are putting on a lot of fake charm but it's still shitty to have to be around all that and get reminded that people aren't even bothered to fake kindness to you, let alone actually care.

That and the demand of gifts. I love giving gifts spontaneously. I don't like being told "You need to spend X amount of dollars on gifts for X amount of people to show you care!" I make a wage that is considered to be right on the border of the living wage of this city. With rent and everything I struggle to put away even a little bit of savings. Now I gotta spend a few hundred bucks on people so I don't look bad? Ugh.

/rant.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote GunnyHighway View Post

That and the demand of gifts. I love giving gifts spontaneously. I don't like being told "You need to spend X amount of dollars on gifts for X amount of people to show you care!" I make a wage that is considered to be right on the border of the living wage of this city. With rent and everything I struggle to put away even a little bit of savings. Now I gotta spend a few hundred bucks on people so I don't look bad? Ugh.

/rant.
    This, I feel it is a greedy time of year. I like getting people things throughout the year because it reminds me of then or I want to thank them for something etc.... But the whole notion of having to buy things is crazy. I would much prefer a happy family over the best gift, people don't have money and if you don't get anything your a bad person....ugh
    life---> <---me

Inscrutable Banana's Avatar Diggin' My Potatoes
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    All of the big holidays are disgustingly commercialized, but Christmas is the worst with that stuff.
    “Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love Christmas. But... not when it comes to my family as they are incredibly demanding, especially now that I have a job. They think it means I can spoil them with any large gift. But I cannot afford to. I need to save too, you know?

Not looking forward to spending time with them tomorrow and Christmas Day. I won't get much for my brother but $100 is all he deserves. He's been a complete asshole ever since I moved out. My parents aren't getting much from me either except flowers. Everything I ever got for them in the past was not enough. My mom especially demanded for expensive things. Meaning...much of anything I can afford to give her, she'll just say she could buy this with her own money so why bother give her x y and z as a gift.

*sigh*

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    I've always felt very sad at Christmas, even as a child. These days I stay alert for "moments." There's always a moment or two that I can latch on to, like this year it was finally breaking through with my two year old niece and getting her to warm up to me.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Kesky View Post
    I've always felt very sad at Christmas, even as a child. These days I stay alert for "moments." There's always a moment or two that I can latch on to, like this year it was finally breaking through with my two year old niece and getting her to warm up to me.
    *derail for a minute*

Kesky!!!!!!! It's good to see you, my friend! I hope you're doing well, these days.

*sorry lasair*

Oh lasair.................................... It's good to see you too, my friend!!!!! I also feel really good when I see your name here.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I hate it also because everything closes and because coworkers ask me what I’m doing and I have to make something up. Happens every holiday.
    I don?t like being around or interacting with other people, this is my personality. I am a jerk - I don?t mean to be, but whenever I speak up I say something rude. It?s just the way that I am. Don?t bother me.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.