Page 196 of 424 FirstFirst ... 96 146 186 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 206 246 296 396 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 6354
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote chantellabella View Post
    I wish my daughter would have been honest with me.

Guys, don't ever promise your parents something knowing full well you're going to back out.

It hurts.
    “When you stop blaming others for where you are in life, that is when you can start to manifest your dream life!”
    ― Stephen Richards

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Thank you for asking, my friend. My daughter told me she was coming with her family to my house for Easter. I was all excited that my grandkids would see my "treehouse." I got Easter eggs, Easter baskets, cookie decorating kits, toys, everything for a fun day.

She called me on Friday to tell me she was sick and the car had trouble, so they weren't coming. I was disappointed, but understood.

Last weekend her family and my son went with me to a Renaissance fair and my son rode with them. My youngest son came this past weekend to my house and we had a great time. But he let it slip that my daughter was talking to her husband in the car about trying to get out of coming for Easter. It's a 4 hour drive to my house, so I can see why they would want to wait till this summer. Then they will move to a closer town and will be less than 2 hours away.

But I wish my daughter would have been honest with me. I would not have spent money on a ham and dinner stuff. Or gotten the eggs for the egg hunt. Or all the Easter baskets with toys. And I wouldn't have gotten my hopes up.

She's done this before and I just wish she would be honest, so I won't get my hopes up.
    Awww, that wasn't nice.

Keddy's Avatar The Awkward Conversationalist
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Going to the doctor about my cough and sinus congestion
    I hate going to the doctor, I'm always afraid it's going to be bad news
    Kevin and Connor (my brothers) seem to have caught the virus from me. I was told that it's a viral respiratory infection. They don't have it as bad as I do though. I'm really scared it's going to turn into pneumonia or bronchitis
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Can't stand hearing my mom brag to our relatives about how intelligent and successful my brother is. It makes me cringe and if my brother was here he'd be pissed off. I wish she'd stop talking so much about our lives to other people altogether. The worst is that she doesn't think it comes off as braging... And my mom is the type of person who doesn't know how to take criticism at all.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Kirsebaer View Post
    Can't stand hearing my mom brag to our relatives about how intelligent and successful my brother is. It makes me cringe and if my brother was here he'd be pissed off. I wish she'd stop talking so much about our lives to other people altogether. The worst is that she doesn't think it comes off as braging... And my mom is the type of person who doesn't know how to take criticism at all.
    Sometimes I wish my mother would do this - I see my uncle talks highly of his kids around others, my parents might mutter something like "Oh she is doing fine" - personally, I am doing more than fine!
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Thank you for asking, my friend. My daughter told me she was coming with her family to my house for Easter. I was all excited that my grandkids would see my "treehouse." I got Easter eggs, Easter baskets, cookie decorating kits, toys, everything for a fun day.

She called me on Friday to tell me she was sick and the car had trouble, so they weren't coming. I was disappointed, but understood.

Last weekend her family and my son went with me to a Renaissance fair and my son rode with them. My youngest son came this past weekend to my house and we had a great time. But he let it slip that my daughter was talking to her husband in the car about trying to get out of coming for Easter. It's a 4 hour drive to my house, so I can see why they would want to wait till this summer. Then they will move to a closer town and will be less than 2 hours away.

But I wish my daughter would have been honest with me. I would not have spent money on a ham and dinner stuff. Or gotten the eggs for the egg hunt. Or all the Easter baskets with toys. And I wouldn't have gotten my hopes up.

She's done this before and I just wish she would be honest, so I won't get my hopes up.
    Oh I'm sorry that happened, Cindy. I'm sure it wasn't from a bad place, and she feels guilty about lying too but didn't want to hurt your feelings. I think communication is the best tool and perhaps having a gentle talk with her about it wouldn't hurt- that you understand if she is unable to make commitments sometimes, and she could be comfortable being honest with you. And you seem like the coolest mom and grandma (weird saying that- you're so young!)- if you were mine, I'd feel comfortable telling you anything.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)

aww, that's disappointing when you get geared up like that and someone doesn't show. it sounds like you're right about the drive time. i think it was one of those things where she knew it wasn't going to work out but she hated to disappoint you and took a bit of the easy way out. like coastie says, maybe gently let her know there might be times when she'll have to tell you something you don't want to hear (like not going to Easter) but you'd rather hear it honestly and you might be disappointed at first but you'll be thankful ahe felt like she could be honest.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    My dad's really depressed, and I resent my mother and her family.

Life sucks.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'm so sorry, Chanty
    I would never do something like that to my mom. I always try to make it show how much I love and appreciate her.
    I'm sure your daughter wasn't thinking in the moment, I'm sure she wasn't trying outwardly to hurt your feelings. But that's a hard thing to have happen when you already went through the trouble of getting everything ready
    It always sucks when people aren't honest with us, especially family members.
    Do you think you could talk to her about it?
    In the meantime, an idea I had about all the leftover food you prepared, could you bring it to a homeless shelter or a soup kitchen? Or invite a bunch of neighbors over for dinner? That way you're not wasting the food and you're doing good for others at the same time
    Keddy

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Kirsebaer View Post
    My mom does this. I do volunteer work at the museum and such, but she calls it a "job." So she is telling everyone I have a job when I don't even have a job. So everyone asks me how my job is going, and it's like... what job? I tell them "it's just volunteer work," and they ask why my mom said it's a job. She's now telling everyone I'm waiting for a job up in LA to call me about whether or not I got it. I don't appreciate it because she takes all the credit for how I got to this point in my life when she didn't even do shit.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Quote SmileyFace View Post
    My mom does this. I do volunteer work at the museum and such, but she calls it a "job." So she is telling everyone I have a job when I don't even have a job. So everyone asks me how my job is going, and it's like... what job? I tell them "it's just volunteer work," and they ask why my mom said it's a joke. She's now telling everyone I'm waiting for a job up in LA to call me about whether or not I got it. I don't appreciate it because she takes all the credit for how I got to this point in my life when she didn't even do shit.
    Volunteering is really cool too, I would be interested in the kind of volunteer projects my relatives were doing. What kind of museum is it?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Woops, I made a typo in the post. People ask her why she said it's a job, not a "joke" (lmao)

I volunteer at a historical museum as their webmaster. There's only so much I can do to the site though without revamping the entire thing: http://whittiermuseum.org/

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    God damned stupid-a$$ motherfucking sonofabitch HYPOCHONDRIA and OBSESSIVE-COMPULSIVE DISORDER!!!
    Why does every little thing that goes on with my body have to scare me?? My anxiety needs to go to hell and take the hypochondria and OCD with it. UGH!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Broke up with my boyfriend because he always ignored me & would rather go to events with his friends than see me or take me anywhere. He starts throwing my Bipolar disorder up in my face saying I have too much time on my & need a life. Then he gets on Facebook & posts an awful status about me that his stupid family & friends start liking. A friend of mine commented on it to defend me & they started fighting so now its gonna get physical they said. I jumped in & said not if I finish him off first so yeah... Just a huge brawl. Now I have everyone telling me to never fall in love or date again cause it always ends in fights or the cops being called.

Sometimes I think why don't I just never breathe again? Would that be the answer to it all? -.-

But how friggen' hard is it to see your girlfriend & just let her know you love her!? That's all I ever wanted for Christ Sakes!!!!!!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Rawr View Post
    Broke up with my boyfriend because he always ignored me & would rather go to events with his friends than see me or take me anywhere. He starts throwing my Bipolar disorder up in my face saying I have too much time on my & need a life. Then he gets on Facebook & posts an awful status about me that his stupid family & friends start liking. A friend of mine commented on it to defend me & they started fighting so now its gonna get physical they said. I jumped in & said not if I finish him off first so yeah... Just a huge brawl. Now I have everyone telling me to never fall in love or date again cause it always ends in fights or the cops being called.

Sometimes I think why don't I just never breathe again? Would that be the answer to it all? -.-

But how friggen' hard is it to see your girlfriend & just let her know you love her!? That's all I ever wanted for Christ Sakes!!!!!!

Dating sucks. I'm just learning the ropes with it myself.
    This guy sounds like a jerk. He has no right to comment about your Bipolar disorder like that. And posting a status about you was wrong. He seems like he's just looking for drama and attention. I'm sorry all this happened
    But it doesn't mean you should never date again. It takes years and probably hundreds of tries to find a relationship that fits.
    And think about it this way: if he's going through all this trouble now to treat you like crap, he didn't deserve you in the first place.
    Keddy

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.