Page 210 of 424 FirstFirst ... 10 110 160 200 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 220 260 310 410 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 6354
    Keddy's Avatar The Awkward Conversationalist
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I was at the mall today and some teenage girls (probably late high school/college freshmen, hard to tell) were sitting by my boyfriend and I in the food court. My bf went to go use the bathroom and the girls started flirting with me and trying to talk to me. I have appalling social skills as is so it was hard for me to say what I wanted to and I was also very, very uncomfortable. They asked me how old I was- I know I look older than 20, but I was honest and I was like "Umm, I'm 20" and they started being all giggly and weird and asking me other questions that made me uncomfortable. I didn't want to get up and leave without telling my bf where I was going so I sat there and took it until he came back.
    When he sat back down I put my arm around him and tried to lean in close to him and stuff, it's not socially acceptable or the norm where we live for us to kiss or hold hands, we'd probably get attacked, to be honest, so I tried to make us look as much like a couple as we could without any PDA stuff.
    They stopped hitting on me after that but they were staring at us a lot. I felt really violated for some reason. I really don't like being attractive, as stupid as that sounds, because women tend to assume that I'm straight and therefore they think it's alright to flirt with me. It makes me super uncomfortable. It happens a lot, especially now that I'm losing weight, and lately I've been putting myself into more and more social situations.
    How do I deal with this? It's very frustrating.
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    I did something I really, really should not have done.

Please, for the love of god, don't go ruin this for me. Please have the sense not to actually go and knock on that door and ask for the manager by name.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I lost my voice today - I need it tomorrow, return if found
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm getting chubby, and I have absolutely no motivation to do anything about it. I do play soccer but that's okay 2-3 times a week and all im doing is running. I really don't want to get any bigger but I also have an eating phobia. I'm petrified to try new food so I eat no vegetables, only potato which isn't exactly healthy, 2 fruits and mostly fatty and carbohydrate food. I want to see a hypnotherapist about it but I don't have a job which means no money -.-

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Most of the time, I don't know how to keep negative people from affecting me so much... causing me to be paranoid about everyone else, thinking everyone is out to harm me. It's so aggravating, and it doesn't help that I'm still in contact with the negative people. I'm still in contact with them because:

a) They're a convenience when I feel lonely so I go to them and talk because it's easiest... they usually want to talk to me, yet they are so negative and never really let me talk and express myself; things are always about them
    b) I feel guilty if I don't talk to them. I feel like a mean person when I do not stay in touch with them for days or weeks

So shitty of me. I should be taking care of myself and eliminating all these people, but I keep running back to them, which always results in me wondering why the hell the world is so cruel to me. Negativity is all I know It's so weird being told all my life not to talk or express myself much at all, then suddenly I meet genuinely nice people who wished I would just talk and express myself more. It's a whole 'nother world I'm dealing with here, and I wish I could embrace it already, but it scares me. I'm scared that it's a trap. I'm scared people will eventually turn around and tell me to stop talking and expressing myself altogether.

All this is so draining. This has been irritating my BF. I've been back to hardly talking about myself, and he's been making me talk about myself first. I would ask him how his final exams went, and he'd ignore that question and ask me stuff about my day, especially if I had something significant going on (i.e. doctor appointment).

I'm seeing him this Friday, and I'd like to talk about myself first... because I know he's getting so tired of talking about himself all the time.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Today my coworkers were having a conversation right next to me. I could have easily turned and joined the conversation like a human but instead I sat there AWKWARDLY LISTENING LIKE A WEIRDO UGH. They probably think I'm a snobby bitch. Now no one will ever like me. When will I learn to be normalllll?? X(

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. -- Maya Angelou

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote QuietCalamity View Post
    Today my coworkers were having a conversation right next to me. I could have easily turned and joined the conversation like a human but instead I sat there AWKWARDLY LISTENING LIKE A WEIRDO UGH. They probably think I'm a snobby bitch. Now no one will ever like me. When will I learn to be normalllll?? X(
    This is EXACTLY what I do at work. This is why my co-workers think I'm the biggest jackass of a manager ever and that I have a stick up my butt.
    If you figure out how to be normal, I'd love to learn it too, LOL. I screw myself over big time.
    On the contrary, I think you're far from snobby. A lot of times shy or socially anxious people get unfairly labeled as snobs just because we don't know how to interact the same way as everyone else does.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    My neighbour is making me feel so uncomfortable, asking me if I'm single, how my life situation is, if I lived with my family back at home. He knows I got a new job and asked me for the company name, and I thought it was just curiosity so I told him. Now he's telling me he wants to go apply, and I'm freaked he's going to use my name. Please, don't do this to me. I wanted this job so badly and I got it on my own merit.

He told me how we're both new in the city, how he has a family and he needs a job... I think he was trying to tell me that since I'm single with no children, I don't need the job as badly as he does. He asked me for my phone number, my email address (I think to try and get my last name), and even tried twice to invite himself into my apartment.

I don't want this to fall through. I worked so hard. I really don't want this to be the reason I have to leave Montreal.

I've never met a bad person before. Please don't be the first.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    550 Post(s)
    Quote inane View Post
    My neighbour is making me feel so uncomfortable, asking me if I'm single, how my life situation is, if I lived with my family back at home. He knows I got a new job and asked me for the company name, and I thought it was just curiosity so I told him. Now he's telling me he wants to go apply, and I'm freaked he's going to use my name. Please, don't do this to me. I wanted this job so badly and I got it on my own merit.

He told me how we're both new in the city, how he has a family and he needs a job... I think he was trying to tell me that since I'm single with no children, I don't need the job as badly as he does. He asked me for my phone number, my email address (I think to try and get my last name), and even tried twice to invite himself into my apartment.

I don't want this to fall through. I worked so hard. I really don't want this to be the reason I have to leave Montreal.

I've never met a bad person before. Please don't be the first.
    You haven't done anything that would merit the company letting you go. Your standard response can always be, "I don't give out personal information." Nothing wrong with that. As a matter of fact it's a good practice. Play it by ear with the guy. He may just be desperate for a job and not very employable? But that's good you're not letting him in your apartment. Never do that. You're ok. Just pay attention like you always do. *hugs*

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Quote Kesky View Post
    You haven't done anything that would merit the company letting you go. Your standard response can always be, "I don't give out personal information." Nothing wrong with that. As a matter of fact it's a good practice. Play it by ear with the guy. He may just be desperate for a job and not very employable? But that's good you're not letting him in your apartment. You're ok. Just pay attention like you always do. *hugs*
    I won't even speak to him. Honestly, I'm done with this creep. I like his wife and baby, and want them to have all the very best. That baby is just precious. But him... We cannot be friends anymore. Today crossed a line, whether intentionally or not.

I feel for him, I do. I know the despair of job-searching, I've felt it and it's horrible. I know I will again. But I went through a LOT to get this job. I feel like I deserve it... or at least deserve the chance to prove myself.

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote inane View Post
    I won't even speak to him. Honestly, I'm done with this creep. I like his wife and baby, and want them to have all the very best. That baby is just precious. But him... We cannot be friends anymore. Today crossed a line, whether intentionally or not.

I feel for him, I do. I know the despair of job-searching, I've felt it and it's horrible. I know I will again. But I went through a LOT to get this job. I feel like I deserve it... or at least deserve the chance to prove myself.
    You certainly do deserve it. If this guy wants a job he can work just as hard and find employment on his own, not steal an opportunity from a young woman. Disgusting. I hate people so much sometimes. You don't deserve to have this happen to you. I hope he doesn't get in the way.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm willing to spend $1,500 on a new puppy, purebred Border collie, with papers, AKC registered, show/working lines, champion-sired.
    My bf and I are looking at apartments in Boston because we don't want to put up with campus housing next semester. The more money I spend on the puppy, the less money we have toward renting a nice apartment and we may have to downgrade. I get paid a good amount at work and he's trying to get a better job (he works in retail). But still... Dear God, I hate money. I hate dealing with money.
    I wasn't even paying my own phone bill until my parents cut me off :/
    HELP! HELP!!! SOMEONE GET ME OUT OF THE ADULT WORLD RIGHT NOW!! I NEED TO TURN BACK! I WANT TO BE A KID AGAIN! HELP!!!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Keddy View Post
    This is EXACTLY what I do at work. This is why my co-workers think I'm the biggest jackass of a manager ever and that I have a stick up my butt.
    If you figure out how to be normal, I'd love to learn it too, LOL. I screw myself over big time.
    On the contrary, I think you're far from snobby. A lot of times shy or socially anxious people get unfairly labeled as snobs just because we don't know how to interact the same way as everyone else does.
    Awe thanks! And you are def not a jackass lol you're so nice! The closest I can come to normal is girl-who-tries-too-hard. Because I have to try really hard. It's really not something I can do everyday. It's frustrating because I can see how people would think I ignore them on purpose, it's just that I freeze up.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. -- Maya Angelou

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Quote IllusionOfHappiness View Post
    You certainly do deserve it. If this guy wants a job he can work just as hard and find employment on his own, not steal an opportunity from a young woman. Disgusting. I hate people so much sometimes. You don't deserve to have this happen to you. I hope he doesn't get in the way.
    Thanks Illusion. I feel a bit nauseous when I think about what he was trying to say. I'm not even sure what he plans to do... I don't think employees are so fungible like that. Especially since the role the manager said she wanted to give me is done specifically by only 2-3 people. I mean I don't mind the less desirable work, I asked for it actually so I could learn the ropes (and was shot down). I don't want to come off as paranoid, but I highly suspect he wanted my email ONLY to obtain my full name.

When I was trying to get into my apartment, he brought up the fact that he found my key last week. Said it was on the floor and that it could have been thrown away, but he decided to check with me first. I didn't tell him that I clearly remember him telling me it was actually in the keyhole. I don't know if he was trying to guilt me into something. Like dude, I'm sorry. I worked so hard to get this job, I gave up so much. The manager deemed me worthy for it. It's just such a gross situation... I'm terrified of what will happen in the coming weeks, if I'll get a call or email from the manager telling me not to bother coming in anymore. It makes me feel like killing myself.

I'm just going to go about normally. I can only control what I do, and do my best not to become belligerent.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Suicidal thoughts are coming back.
    Debating whether or not to ignore them and see if they go away, or if I should act on them. Every time I try to kill myself it gets thwarted though, so with my luck, I'll just end up in the ER again so I shouldn't even bother.
    Edit: OK... I don't know if I'm going to make it through the night. Too close to the edge.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.