Page 311 of 424 FirstFirst ... 111 211 261 301 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 321 361 411 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,665 of 6354
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I'm weird and over think things
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote L View Post
    I'm weird and over think things
    You're not weird, why would you think that?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Jerry View Post
    You're not weird, why would you think that?
    I wanted to go out this evening for a meal with my boyfriend, I slipped it into conversation earlier in the day and it was noted, then later into the evening we don't really do anything. I know I should be more direct about it but what if he doesn't want to go and is just avoiding bringing it up and if I bring it up he might get annoyed....see over thinking....I do this all the time and it ends up in us doing nothing really as he never suggests things for us to do...sigh...I am pissed off at him now and it is not even his fault. Also I have a feeling that he will suggest we get take away later but I don't want to eat fast food......OH GOD (arn't you glad you asked now )
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote L View Post
    I wanted to go out this evening for a meal with my boyfriend, I slipped it into conversation earlier in the day and it was noted, then later into the evening we don't really do anything. I know I should be more direct about it but what if he doesn't want to go and is just avoiding bringing it up and if I bring it up he might get annoyed....see over thinking....I do this all the time and it ends up in us doing nothing really as he never suggests things for us to do...sigh...I am pissed off at him now and it is not even his fault. Also I have a feeling that he will suggest we get take away later but I don't want to eat fast food......OH GOD (arn't you glad you asked now )
    I know it is easy to fall into that thought, I have done that many times, but being assertive about what you want is not a bad thing, even if your boyfriend was avoiding it because he doesn't want to go (it is much more likely that he simply forgot), he has a mouth, he can say that he doesn't want to go when you bring it up the second, third, fourth, fifth time. Don't be afraid to be assertive, because if you don't, that pissed-off feeling will grow endlessly until it hurts the relationship. Bring it up again, and go out to eat! Or I'll bopa you

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Jerry View Post
    I know it is easy to fall into that thought, I have done that many times, but being assertive about what you want is not a bad thing, even if your boyfriend was avoiding it because he doesn't want to go (it is much more likely that he simply forgot), he has a mouth, he can say that he doesn't want to go when you bring it up the second, third, fourth, fifth time. Don't be afraid to be assertive, because if you don't, that pissed-off feeling will grow endlessly until it hurts the relationship. Bring it up again, and go out to eat! Or I'll bopa you
    Why does it sound so easy when its written down.
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote L View Post
    Why does it sound so easy when its written down.
    Because anxiety makes it feel much harder than what it is, in the moment.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Mum started talking about a friend who came out as bi who wrote an article about being bi. I haven't exactly mentioned it to them yet that I'm bi myself. Not many people know.

Some people I have told have decided that I'm not bi because I'm currently in a long term with a male (WTF), or that I have no clue about whether I'm bi or not because "you're only young you must just be expiermenting". So I'm not particularly open about it. And sadly, some of these people have been gay. And I thought I could at least confide in them. Apparently not.

I just don't feel comfortable coming out anymore. To pretty much anyone. And I'm slightly ashamed of that. This isn't a "phase", this isn't me trying to be "exotic" to my male partner. This is me. This is who I am.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Not in a great mood today... Feeling anxious and worried about smth...

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Jerry View Post
    I was going to say the same thing. And I was going to ask you the same thing. Jerry, we think alike.

Being assertive takes practice so don't beat yourself on it. I do and say things or don't say things all the time when I coulda, shoulda, woulda. Just keep practicing and it will eventually get easier.

If I was in Ireland, I would take you out to a nice restaurant. I don't like fast food either.

We'd have to wait a few days for my stomach to stop doing flips, but I'd be right on it. And thanks Jerry and L for the well wishes. Yes, Jerry, I will take some soap, and Lysol, and Clorox wipes, and if I could wear a Hazmet suit next time I go to work that would be great too. I always knew those nose pickers would give me malaria.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Kirsebaer View Post
    Not in a great mood today... Feeling anxious and worried about smth...

(side note: I read your post wrong at first and I thought it said you were anxious and worried about smith. So I sat here wondering who was smith and do we know anyone here named smith. Then I thought maybe there is something in the news about a famous guy named smith. Sadly after pondering who smith was, I realized you used a shortened version for "something." I don't mean to make light of your frustration. I guess I just want to prove how really really old I am.)

But

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Mum started talking about a friend who came out as bi who wrote an article about being bi. I haven't exactly mentioned it to them yet that I'm bi myself. Not many people know.

Some people I have told have decided that I'm not bi because I'm currently in a long term with a male (WTF), or that I have no clue about whether I'm bi or not because "you're only young you must just be expiermenting". So I'm not particularly open about it. And sadly, some of these people have been gay. And I thought I could at least confide in them. Apparently not.

I just don't feel comfortable coming out anymore. To pretty much anyone. And I'm slightly ashamed of that. This isn't a "phase", this isn't me trying to be "exotic" to my male partner. This is me. This is who I am.
    Sweetie, their opinion on who you are isn't important even if it seems that way. You never have to explain yourself and how you feel. Because when you do, your true "idiot" family members and friends come out with statements like that. You know what it is? They're trying to make themselves feel better with those statements. They don't know what else to say, so they say things like that which makes you feel like there's something wrong with you.

Can you find a few people who understand and ask them just to let you talk without saying anything?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Chantellabella View Post
    I was going to say the same thing. And I was going to ask you the same thing. Jerry, we think alike.

Being assertive takes practice so don't beat yourself on it. I do and say things or don't say things all the time when I coulda, shoulda, woulda. Just keep practicing and it will eventually get easier.

If I was in Ireland, I would take you out to a nice restaurant. I don't like fast food either.

We'd have to wait a few days for my stomach to stop doing flips, but I'd be right on it. And thanks Jerry and L for the well wishes. Yes, Jerry, I will take some soap, and Lysol, and Clorox wipes, and if I could wear a Hazmet suit next time I go to work that would be great too. I always knew those nose pickers would give me malaria.
    I'll work on it I promise
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Chantellabella View Post

(side note: I read your post wrong at first and I thought it said you were anxious and worried about smith. So I sat here wondering who was smith and do we know anyone here named smith. Then I thought maybe there is something in the news about a famous guy named smith. Sadly after pondering who smith was, I realized you used a shortened version for "something." I don't mean to make light of your frustration. I guess I just want to prove how really really old I am.)

But
    LOL! Thanks for making me laugh first thing in the morning, Cindy! you're great!
    I don't know anyone called Smith, just for the record.. Hehe
    *hugs back*

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Nyctophilia View Post
    I never seem to encounter people with so many sociopathic symptoms if you will anywhere other than on that forum. It's amazing, it's an anxiety forum but some of the people there... Sometimes it's obvious from the get go othertimes it sneaks up on you overtime. Little pieces falling in place. Incapable of empathy and caring about anyone else, incredibly self absorbed. And why does it bother me so much lmao. But I think I'm going to avoid that place for a while I don't want to be anywhere near that person, they're emotionally manipulative too, I've realised already. Sadly I think they'll be there a while.
    When you are able to see what's healthy and unhealthy, you can count that as a step forward toward your recovery and anxiety management. That's awesome that you can see the difference.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    these pills suck. Alcohol works better.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.