Page 406 of 406 FirstFirst ... 206 306 356 396 402 403 404 405 406
Results 6,076 to 6,082 of 6082
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    So person im going into a houseshare with wants to set up a joint banked account. I don't know them that well.

I'm currently grinding my teeth trying to explain why that is a very, very stupid idea. I don't think it's gone down well.
    Yep - you gotta say no. It's trouble. If it doesn't work out, you might get left with a lot of trouble......and possibly an empty bank account even if it requires double signature (eew, that could be court stuff).

Separate accounts at the minimum. You gotta protect your goodies.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Something that is bothering me right now is that the person who lives in the apartment directly above mine has a tendency to play excessively loud music and stomp around for hours at a time, last night he started around 530pm or 6pm and didn't let up until after 10pm. I had to call the non-emergency police line in my city three times because of this before and file a formal complaint with the property management office here before it stopped last time. I don't like to involve the police, or make formal complaints about this, but it is intolerably loud and seems like it will keep happening. My other neighbors say it was a consistent problem long long before I moved in here toward the end of January of this year. I don't understand how this person can believe what he is doing is okay, or how my neighbors can put up with it. I have to do what I can to make sure it doesn't continue, and if that means I have to call the police nightly and file more formal complaints, I will do it without much hesitation.

Vent over.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote kevinjoseph View Post
    Something that is bothering me right now is that the person who lives in the apartment directly above mine has a tendency to play excessively loud music and stomp around for hours at a time, last night he started around 530pm or 6pm and didn't let up until after 10pm. I had to call the non-emergency police line in my city three times because of this before and file a formal complaint with the property management office here before it stopped last time. I don't like to involve the police, or make formal complaints about this, but it is intolerably loud and seems like it will keep happening. My other neighbors say it was a consistent problem long long before I moved in here toward the end of January of this year. I don't understand how this person can believe what he is doing is okay, or how my neighbors can put up with it. I have to do what I can to make sure it doesn't continue, and if that means I have to call the police nightly and file more formal complaints, I will do it without much hesitation.

Vent over.

Person who lived above me in the last flat I lived in had a tendency to do this. Constant partying, door slamming, sex noises, and on one occasion, random schreeching at one AM. The fact that the person is still alive is a great testament to my self-control. Took several callouts to security and many grumpy emails to the landlord (who eventually threatened to fine them and withhold the deposit at the end of the tenancy) before it got stopped.

Other than that, earplugs are your friend, but it really shouldn't come to that. If you're really feeling petty, smack the roof with a broom or something at 6am.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Right now I am having a problem with my PSA (prostate) level being elevated, and this might indicate prostate cancer. I will have another level drawn tomorrow afternoon, and will see my doctor again on Friday to discuss the results. If it's elevated again I'll need to have another biopsy done. Well wish me luck if you will... Chucko

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote MobileChucko View Post
    Right now I am having a problem with my PSA (prostate) level being elevated, and this might indicate prostate cancer. I will have another level drawn tomorrow afternoon, and will see my doctor again on Friday to discuss the results. If it's elevated again I'll need to have another biopsy done. Well wish me luck if you will... Chucko
    Good luck, Chuck. My father had prostate cancer, and while it didn't kill him, it certainly wasn't fun for him. I don't much about it, but I believe it is an easier cancer to treat than others can be.

Also, keep on flopping/rolling around on the floor like some kind of orange cat/hamster thing.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for your words of wisdom, Kev-O-Friend! Yep, this has got my anxiety brewing, and my blood pressure is up, so none of this is any fun at all. Still, life is life, and it's gonna be what it's gonna be. Have a great day, Kev!... Chucko

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Good luck Chucko!

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.