Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Insomnia

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Insomnia

I have the type of insomnia where I usually get to sleep within an hour or so of going to bed,
    but then wake up at 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning and can't get back to sleep. I hate it!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Insomnia

I like to do math problems when I can't sleep. Those really knock my brain out like that

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Insomnia

It usually takes me a couple hours to fall asleep...IF I fall asleep...lol I am a sound sleeper once I am asleep...Either I fall asleep after quite a few hours or I'm just up all night long

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Falling asleep is usually pretty easy for me...but staying asleep is extremely difficult =/. I wake up like clock work every 2 hours and sometimes its extremely difficult to get back to sleep meh! ><

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Marleywhite View Post
    I like to do math problems when I can't sleep. Those really knock my brain out like that
    Hah! same here : O

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sleep is not my friend and it gets worse as I get older.

Just sharing that.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know whether I have insomnia or a really messed up sleep cycle but basically, I've been waking up at 2 o clock recently.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here are some interesting sleep related links.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16964783
    "We often worry about lying awake in the middle of the night - but it could be good for you. A growing body of evidence from both science and history suggests that the eight-hour sleep may be unnatural."

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1101095302.htm
    "Loneliness is not only heartbreaking, it breaks up a normal night's sleep, a new study shows. Researchers say compromised sleep may be one pathway by which feelings of loneliness adversely affect our health."

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0613091043.htm
    "When violence shatters a child's world, the torment can continue into their sleep, according to researchers in Cleveland. The impact is measurable and affected by the severity of the violence, and the effects can last over time."

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not sure if I have insomnia or not. It takes me a good hour or so to fall asleep after settling down for the day and I always have racing thoughts in my head about what to wear the next day, and then I have to wake up early in the morning in order to make sure I have enough time to get ready so I haven't been sleeping much.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have insomnia every night.

I usually stay up and work on things, but it is frustrating to be awake, when everyone else in the house is asleep.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I've had insomnia for practically my entire adult life. It can play havoc on my concentration. I've learned to get by with a few hours of sleep a night and have tried a ton of remedies. Even if I manage to get to sleep, I'm awake after a couple of hours. So yeah, I hear you about having trouble.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

KramersHalfSister's Avatar I keep dancing on my own.
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm always so envious of people who fall asleep the minute their head hits the pillow. I can't even remember what that feels like to be honest. I usually stay up till 4 or 5 in the morning and then wake up at 9. The entire day is exhausting after that.
    "Throughout our history, the words of the Declaration have inspired immigrants from around the world to set sail to our shores. These immigrants have helped transform 13 small colonies into a great and growing nation of more than 300 people."

"And so the fact that they purchased the machine meant somebody had to make the machine. And when somebody makes a machine, it means there's jobs at the machine-making place."

-The Great George W. Bush

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    How does one go back to sleep after waking? I just get 1 or 2 hours sleep max, then I'm up again. Just took a sleep aide. Took 2 before I went to bed. I know they wear off after awhile and that's why I don't take them regularly. Can get too used to them and they eventually don't work.

What is it with my brain? I'm getting up in 3 hours and I need to sleep at least till then.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

VickieKitties's Avatar Living irl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Insomnia is weird, I can't stay asleep, but fall asleep with relative ease. It would be nice to be able to sleep longer than 3-4 hours.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I find that it takes up to 2 hours for me to fall asleep and then I'm waking up during the night at least 3 times -.-

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.