Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Insomnia

Inscrutable Banana's Avatar Diggin' My Potatoes
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I get mild temporary insomnia if I'm feeling extremely anxious about something. In those cases I can lay in bed for 2+ hours before finally falling asleep and wake up a few times over the course of the night. Outside of those cases I don't have trouble falling or staying asleep though, and sometimes I end up sleeping like ten hours if I have no obligations to stop me from doing so.
    “Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I wish I could sleep for 8 hours. I only get 2-4 hours max most days. Occasionally 6. No wonder I'm crazy

My cats would think I was dead if I slept 8 hours.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I sleep well but I procrastinate going to sleep because I feel like I don't have enough "ME" time....So busy just doing the daily grind etc.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    What does one do at 2am when you've already taken Nyquil at 10pm, have now taken 2 Advil PM and you're wide awake, thinking about how much people have screwed you over? Maybe I should take one of those muscle relaxers. You guys haven't gotten a truly screwed up, missing keys, falling asleep on the keyboard posting from me in awhile. Naw, I'd better just try to go to bed.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I end up being awake in the early hours on the morning lately because my brain will not shut up about...things. I took a Zopiclone two nights ago and that worked, but I don't want it to end up as a regular must take it to sleep thing. Besides, it makes me feel like crap the next day. But sleeping that much on Zopiclone had been bliss for me. I needed it.

Not that I really got anything from it.

I think I prefer being hypersomnic. At least then, I'm not awake all godamn night with my brain going on and on and on like twenty four people are screaming at me in a phone box and will not shut up.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't get to sleep most nights until 4-7 am, and I wake up for classes at 7:30
    Ive tried a few medications, but theyve given me terrible side affects.
    Has anyone found a medication that helped? I've tried lots of non-pharmaceutical coping strategies.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I find the music to yoga or even breathing exercises make me happy, my fish tank (the sound of running water I guess) make me fall asleep as well. But sometimes I get into a rut of not sleeping until 3 o'clock as well or I'll have nightmares/dreams which means my sleep won't be as fulfilling. But I've always been like that even before the anxiety turned up

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote bookworm3 View Post
    I can't get to sleep most nights until 4-7 am, and I wake up for classes at 7:30
    Ive tried a few medications, but theyve given me terrible side affects.
    Has anyone found a medication that helped? I've tried lots of non-pharmaceutical coping strategies.
    You've probably tried melatonin, but just in case you haven't...now you know.

I take 10mg time-released melatonin before I go to bed. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't. I'm used to much stronger substances putting me to sleep I guess.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Before I told my doctor about my Insomnia, I use to take Melatonin pills. I took more than suggested since the suggested amount didn't help me much but they did work for awhile.

I had to end up telling my doctor though cause I would get immune to the pills after so long & they would stop working. He prescribed me 10mg Buspar twice a day & they really help mellow me out. I haven't had to go back to Melatonin since I was prescribed it. Heck even 1 pill gets the job done for me but it's medicine for anxiety so I often need one during the day to mellow me out too. I don't even remember falling asleep most nights cause I pass out that quick. Maybe it may work for some of you?

acristacat's Avatar lover of the sky, the trees, the forest, the breeze
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HotHot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, Try to eat light meals in the evening. Eating heavily in the evening or eating just prior to going to bed can disrupt your sleep. .

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    cutting sugar out of my diet helped

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Turn off all the lights in your room. If there is noise consider ear plugs. dim the lights one hour before sleeping. Stop using your computer and phone one hour before sleeping. you could try these things, I agree with Dorothy about no sugar 2 hours before bed time.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I hate nightmares!! My insomnia is back.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I get insomnia on and off even with my medications and don't know why. i find it annoying when the brain wont shut down but the body wants to... etc...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.