Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

digital camera suggestions

I'm looking for a digi cam around $150 to replace my 5megapixel HP bought back in '07. Mainly, I'm looking for something that takes clear quality videos (like a go pro). Also, looking for something compact...about the size of my HP(its the photosmart m425...for reference). Any suggestions?
    Be yourself, everyone else is taken. -Oscar Wilde

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i'd go with the sony cybershot DSC-WX100, or the WX50. Sony makes a great and easy to use product, quality is never something you even have to worry about being shorted on either.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh man, that's badass! 18mp...holy crap! Definitely will consider that one..

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    The absolute best one? Sony Cyber-shot 14.1. I did my research before buying one and it's been the best danged camera I've ever had. I don't know if you've ever gone to my photography pages (on my website), but I took the shots with that camera. I'm in a photography club and they think I have a high powered expensive ones. I read a few posts up and GoatHorned agrees. Yep. Sony is making some really great cameras these days.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote chantellabella View Post
    The absolute best one? Sony Cyber-shot 14.1. I did my research before buying one and it's been the best danged camera I've ever had. I don't know if you've ever gone to my photography pages (on my website), but I took the shots with that camera. I'm in a photography club and they think I have a high powered expensive ones. I read a few posts up and GoatHorned agrees. Yep. Sony is making some really great cameras these days.
    Wow, guess this is the camera to get then. Cindy, I've been to your site and the photos are amazing! How is the video quality?

BTW, I'm looking around on eBay and these prices are loooow! What gives? Thought they'd be higher..hmmm

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote jsgt View Post
    Wow, guess this is the camera to get then. Cindy, I've been to your site and the photos are amazing! How is the video quality?

BTW, I'm looking around on eBay and these prices are loooow! What gives? Thought they'd be higher..hmmm
    It's not an expensive camera. I got mine at Walmart. The video quality is amazing. I took video shots of a lightning storm and made a movie out of it. I've also done some booktalks shooting myself with timing, stop and start. I guess, us poor folks get a shot at good quality sometimes.

Thanks for the compliment about my website photos.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I ended up getting the DSC-650...and like it but am having a problem deleting videos off my computer. The problem is, it says that it needs permission to delete the file, then it won't let it go to the recycle bin. I am the administrator account, so why won't it let me delete the file? It plays the videos using Realplayer, fwiw. Any ideas?

Also, when taking shots with the flash turned off, the pic will be a little blurry unless the camera is perfectly still. My old cam did the same thing. Is this normal for the Sony Cybershot cams? Other than these issues, it works great and takes great video too. ...and I loooove not having to use AA batteries. Again, thanks for the suggestions!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Right now I'm using a Nikon Coolpix L610. I love this camera so much, I've gotten many great shots with it. I used to use a Sony Cybershot before that, it was a great camera as well
    "I am the Wanderer
    I've seen many a shore
    But the road I long the most to go
    Is closed for evermore"

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nikon Coolpix cameras are probably the best.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HappyHappy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Right now, I am digging Olympus! I own two of the best Olympus ever made, the E-620 DSLR and the TG-310 Tough compact point and shoot.

The one thing I love about the Tough is it's ability to record video in 720p high definition - another big plus is it is waterproof down to 3m and shockproof to 1.5m.... one mother of a camera!

The E-620 is my first foray into the joys of DSLR ownership - and, boy, has it been one of the best I've owned! Most of the pics in my Photos section on AxS were taken with it - one of the best parts with the E-620 is the inbuilt art and scene filters!
    May the road rise up to meet you
    May the wind be always at your back
    May the sun shine warm upon your face
    And the rain fall soft upon your tracks
    And until, until we meet again
    May God hold you safely in the palm of His hand

From a traditional Irish Traveller's Prayer, so eloquently put to music by Australia's late great of country music, Slim Dusty

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.