Crylie's Avatar Anxious Cartoonist
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    EnergeticEnergetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

PTSD Is Hard Because...(TW Rape)

• PTSD makes u afraid of people, even people u trust, because if they say something u don’t off-hand understand, hear or “get”, ur brain automatically jumps to fear-mode and assumes they’re going to hurt u and then u freeze up and either say a slew of terrible things to fight back or u die in physical chest pains for like 20 minutes
    • imagine every day, nearly every where u go, anything a person says, any movie you see, or any book you read having high chances of possibly reminding you of when you were raped or beaten. like, i am a complete torn-up person on the inside.
    • to u, with PTSD, everyone, even people u love, movies u love, artists u love, has the high potential to make u afraid of them by triggering you on accident.
    • it's hard to try and explain to everyone u know how certain things affect you; it's hard because sometimes people u love won't accept that u need special care when dealing with social interactions--it's hard when people don't take your condition seriously, or think it's funny to trigger you (which happens more than i ever thought it would...)
    • it's hard to have a break-down in front of your family or boyfriend/girlfriend because u have to deal with the anxiety that ur being "annoying" or a "problem" as well as (in my case) feeling embarrassed about crying or having a panic attack in front of a person.
    • it's hard to watch ur friends feel sorry when they accidentally trigger u; it's hard to not know what to do to make them comfortable because u can't even make urself comfortable
    • it's hard to feel afraid/like [BEEP] every. single. day. forever.

Does anyone else feel this way???

Pathos is a girl's best friend!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Hi hun,

I'm just coming back from being sick and I want to answer you, but I've got to go off for a few hours. When I get back I'll answer.

I just want to say, yes, I've felt that way often while dealing with PTSD. You're not alone.

I'll write more later.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    PTSD affects so many aspects of your life and it can be very frustrating and embarrassing when you have either a panic attack or get triggered in front of people. I have no real advice what we can do to get over such feelings. I know that the one thing I just remind myself about is that when I give in to these triggers I am letting my bullies and abusers win. They don't have to abuse me anymore because my body and reactions are continuing the abuse for them. Then I get angry that I am literally agreeing with them that I deserve this pain. That sort of knocks the trigger out. Does that make sense?
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.