Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

What is your favourite line from a therapist?

Mine would be "What if a helicopter landed on the roof?" She grew up on an army base with airport, and that was a common saying. She used it every time I said "what if". It was comforting and annoying at the same time.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I seen a psychologist once who ever time I said "ill try" she would make me change it to "I will do" it's simple but it was the first time I was introduced to how your words can effect you differently
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    The last therapist I saw questioned everything. EG - When I said that I thought people thought I was odd for constantly checking the time on my phone, she'd question it. And then she'd question what I answered. And so on until we got to the bottom of it, and realized that the worry was rather unfounded and silly. Now I find myself doing that. And it helps.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    My worse is when they say OKAY HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT and then you reply once again HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT .. lol I break out laughing and wonder if they actually need my help.!!
    One therapist said okay Now stick your hand on the top of your head make a circle and think of your head opening up and a tunnel of light will come out and fly into the sky I tried it and ended up bent over in laughter she kinda got upset with me lol

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was in a group therapy session a number of years ago, and the therapist asked us to tell her if a particular disease was a physical illness, or a mental illness. She would say "arthritis", and we'd say physical. Then she would say "panic disorder", and we'd say mental. After completing a list, she stopped and said, you got all the physical illnesses right, but you got all the mental illnesses wrong. She then told us there is no such thing as a mental illness, that all those illnesses have an underlying physical component. To me there still is a very bad stigma to those of us with anxiety or depressive diseases (notice I didn't say disorders), when they are called mental disorders. I wish the medical profession would change that...

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Okay so what are your thoughts when your depressed? You must have SOMETHING.

[BEEP] knows, I just feel crappy and my mind just goes all slows. I don't exactly have "thoughts". Sorry it's not normal enough for you. I'll try to be more convenient next time.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.