View Poll Results: Do you own/drive a car?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Own one and drive

13 61.90%
  • Own one, but don't drive

2 9.52%
  • I don't own one, but still drive

1 4.76%
  • I don't own one and don't drive

5 23.81%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HappyHappy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Do you own/drive a car?

Do you own/drive a car?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I'm insured on my parents car and sort of drive it occasionally when I can. I don't have a full drivers license though. Still waiting for my test date so I can actually get one. Or have a shot at getting one at least.

Edit - Do you have to have car insurance to be able to drive in other countries? You have to here. You're in big trouble if you don't have a policy out and you decide to go for a drive here. Get picked up by one of those number-plate camera thingys.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes I have a car and drive. I drive a lot. *sigh* That's LA life for you lol

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HappyHappy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    I'm insured on my parents car and sort of drive it occasionally when I can. I don't have a full drivers license though. Still waiting for my test date so I can actually get one. Or have a shot at getting one at least.

Edit - Do you have to have car insurance to be able to drive in other countries? You have to here. You're in big trouble if you don't have a policy out and you decide to go for a drive here. Get picked up by one of those number-plate camera thingys.
    Are you referring to the Automatic Number Plate Recognition cameras???

As for car insurance in Australia - you don't have to have it but if you have a crash, you will need to be able to pay for the other person's car. If you're under 25 and want to drive a car registered in the name of a parent/friend who is over 25, you will need to be added on as a driver - if you don't and you have an accident, the premiums/excess will be high!

We also have what is known as a "green slip" - you need to have that insurance finalised before you can register a car here.... what that covers is injury and disability stemming from a car accident. They are mega expensive but it's a mandatory item for registration purposes. No green slip = no registration!
    May the road rise up to meet you
    May the wind be always at your back
    May the sun shine warm upon your face
    And the rain fall soft upon your tracks
    And until, until we meet again
    May God hold you safely in the palm of His hand

From a traditional Irish Traveller's Prayer, so eloquently put to music by Australia's late great of country music, Slim Dusty

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Own my car, drive all the time. Love my car, public transport here is carp and I used to live in the country so it's so handy. Got a new car just over half a year ago...my baby, I spent a lot of money on it but I travel a lot and I needed to get the sports car out of my system.
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote huppypuppy View Post
    Are you referring to the Automatic Number Plate Recognition cameras???

As for car insurance in Australia - you don't have to have it but if you have a crash, you will need to be able to pay for the other person's car. If you're under 25 and want to drive a car registered in the name of a parent/friend who is over 25, you will need to be added on as a driver - if you don't and you have an accident, the premiums/excess will be high!

We also have what is known as a "green slip" - you need to have that insurance finalised before you can register a car here.... what that covers is injury and disability stemming from a car accident. They are mega expensive but it's a mandatory item for registration purposes. No green slip = no registration!
    Yeah thats what I mean. They can pick up whether or not you have car insurance or not. At the very least, you need it to cover damage to someone elses car or damge to them. It's expensive if you're a new driver and under the age of 25...both of which I am =/
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HappyHappy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote L View Post
    Own my car, drive all the time. Love my car, public transport here is carp and I used to live in the country so it's so handy. Got a new car just over half a year ago...my baby, I spent a lot of money on it but I travel a lot and I needed to get the sports car out of my system.
    What sort of car did you decide on, L???? This is our car - it's a 2003 Toyota Camry Altise ACV36R:

From a traditional Irish Traveller's Prayer, so eloquently put to music by Australia's late great of country music, Slim Dusty

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Yes and yes. I own a car exactly like this one:

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    FB_IMG_1466264820852.jpg

Audi A1 sportsback
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I've had a car ever since I was 15. Still got it but have never drove it except for a couple of practice rounds where I ended up having a panic attack & stopping to where whoever was next to me had to finish driving for me. I'm about to be 21 now & still the same. Still got the car. It's a 2000 Honda Accord. Kinda banged up on the outside and the radio don't work which is why it's perfect for me to practice in & tear up lol.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HappyHappy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote L View Post
    FB_IMG_1466264820852.jpg

Audi A1 sportsback
    Very nice! A customer of my late father's owns a A4 Avant (estate) with the 1.8 litre turbocharged 4 cylinder petrol engine. Dad took me for a drive in it to warm up the oil for a oil change - we went up a 50km/h street and he hoofed it! The boost from the turbocharger came in and it threw me back in the seat.... we were doing 90km/h or thereabouts.....

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Own and drive. Never bought, always built.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I own one but hate driving in my city the most cause cops are everywhere there and when I try to drive under the speed limit ( but not too slow) to be safe people tale gate me *sigh* and I was wondering does anyone know if its ok and safe to drive more than 2 hours on my car? Its a 2004 chevy malibu, I want to drive to other states and I don't have a debt card to rent a car. My last car's transmission died and I'm hoping this wont happen again.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi fetisha.

Do you have anyone that can look over your car for you? Check oil, tranny fluid, make sure radiator is full? Maybe you do these things yourself. Does it seem to have any problems that would cause you to have concern?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote UndercoverAngel View Post
    Hi fetisha.

Do you have anyone that can look over your car for you? Check oil, tranny fluid, make sure radiator is full? Maybe you do these things yourself. Does it seem to have any problems that would cause you to have concern?
    Yeah I have someone but he recommends a rental car to travel but it is really hard to get a debt card for me since they keep dening me ( I don't have bad credit btw) but other people say its ok to use your own car for a road trip. My car is used and used to be a rental car itself

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.