View Poll Results: Do you own/drive a car?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Own one and drive

13 61.90%
  • Own one, but don't drive

2 9.52%
  • I don't own one, but still drive

1 4.76%
  • I don't own one and don't drive

5 23.81%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sure it is okay to use your own car for a road trip. But you have to weigh risks. Not many people have a lot of extra money lying around, just incase their car breaks. You are looking at tires, which aren't cheap, many people forget about those, and all the wear and tear on the rest of the vehicle. On the other hand, the rental car, costs money to. You have to pay for the gas, some like you to get insurance, whatever they charge for the day and if you go over your mileage. Plus you need to take pictures of the rental car before you take it, do a complete investigation, cause if they find something when you get back, that WAS there when you took it, they can charge you.

You can have a brand new vehicle, and something can go wrong. There is no way to tell if many parts on a vehicle will go. Some give you signs, and some don't. It is all a gamble.

Are you planning this trip alone? If you have others going, do any of them have a credit card, and you could all share the bill? Or look into bus trips.
    There are many bus trips that run to other states, and all you have to do is buy the ticket

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote UndercoverAngel View Post
    Sure it is okay to use your own car for a road trip. But you have to weigh risks. Not many people have a lot of extra money lying around, just incase their car breaks. You are looking at tires, which aren't cheap, many people forget about those, and all the wear and tear on the rest of the vehicle. On the other hand, the rental car, costs money to. You have to pay for the gas, some like you to get insurance, whatever they charge for the day and if you go over your mileage. Plus you need to take pictures of the rental car before you take it, do a complete investigation, cause if they find something when you get back, that WAS there when you took it, they can charge you.

You can have a brand new vehicle, and something can go wrong. There is no way to tell if many parts on a vehicle will go. Some give you signs, and some don't. It is all a gamble.

Are you planning this trip alone? If you have others going, do any of them have a credit card, and you could all share the bill? Or look into bus trips.
    There are many bus trips that run to other states, and all you have to do is buy the ticket
    Yeah I did use a rental car last year to go to jacksonville fl from ga. I had no idea I had to use a certain card to rent a car ( I only have a check card) so my mom ended up paying for it herself since she has one. So yeah thats the only road trip I took by myself but I do like traveling so I have to think about which route I will take which is renting a car, using my own, taking the bus or driving with friends to help me, thanks.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You are very welcome. I would like to add, with everything going on in the world right now, please be careful. If you do take your trip out of state, please consider, not going alone

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote UndercoverAngel View Post
    You are very welcome. I would like to add, with everything going on in the world right now, please be careful. If you do take your trip out of state, please consider, not going alone
    Oh I was meeting a friend there don't worry, but yeah I don't travel alone at all.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Glad to hear. Stay safe.

Jaded and cynical
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    My partner and I own a car and drive, although I often take public transit as well. I actually just got my license recently even though I'm 26. Better late than never. My partner actually learned to drive over 10 years ago even though he has some challenges. Driving is not one of his challenges.
    My car looks exactly like this one

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    No, I prefer walking and using transport, and where I live, there's abundant transport so it's possible to get by without a car. And in fact I'd say it's easier because cars just seem like a bunch of expenses I rather not have.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    DSC00608.JPG

Here's my ride... It's a 2015 Scion FR-S... She'll do 0 to 60 in 6.0 seconds, and has a top end of 145 mph, yet I get 33 mpg. What I really love is the 340 watt Pioneer stereo with eight speakers. Sounds great!...

Jaded and cynical
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote MobileChucko View Post
    Here's my ride... It's a 2015 Scion FR-S... She'll do 0 to 60 in 6.0 seconds, and has a top end of 145 mph, yet I get 33 mpg. What I really love is the 340 watt Pioneer stereo with eight speakers. Sounds great!...
    That is an awesome car! I'm jealous lol. What's the price range on something like that?

Quote HoldTheSea View Post
    My partner and I own a car and drive
    Not anymore... Long story, but I think I already explained it somewhere on here. RIP car

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi HoldTheSea!... This puppy runs about $30,000. Worth every penny!

Jaded and cynical
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Hi HoldTheSea!... This puppy runs about $30,000. Worth every penny!
    That's unfortunately a bit out of my price range I can see how it would be worth every penny though! Gorgeous car!
    I can afford a car that's in the $5500 - $7000 range, it would obviously have to be a used car, do you have any suggestions?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In that price range I'd stick with the Japanese... A Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic are good choices. My first car was a used one that cost me $1,200...

Jaded and cynical
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    In that price range I'd stick with the Japanese... A Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic are good choices. My first car was a used one that cost me $1,200...
    Thanks for the Suggestions I'll have to look around for used Toyotas. I've heard good things about Civics too though.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I own a bright yellow aztek with Betty Boop graphics I miss driving more than anything she is setting out in the garage . I just want to be able to walk without a walker and pain and drive all over taking photos and shop in stores not online I miss so much.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    AS#1.jpg

My second car is a convertible, and only has two tires-LOL!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.