Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Passively Suicidal

Hello,

So about three months ago I had an obsessive thought of killing myself. Supposedly because of OCD according to my therapist. Now I very seldomly have this particular thought of killing myself. However, I do seem to have a death wish now. It's not one particular thought, but the thoughts have the same end. I.E. I was driving through a curvy mountain road and I came to this one bend thar fell off the mountain quite a ways. When I saw this I had the thought of sliding, breaks going out, can't react in time etc... So I thought that if I went off and died would be okay with it? I didn't say yes, but it was more of maybe.

Now these thoughts have been with me daily and happen multiple times a day. They don't trigger my fear or anxiety. But I think about them just like someone would think about what to eat fir dinner. My therapist doesn't seem to worried about these thoughts and im not to worried either. But what if they become an active desire to die and I make a attempt. Im wondering if I should talk more aggressively to my therapist or take it day by day. Im not even sure if I am OCD since there are so many variations.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    You should be honest with your therapist about how you are feeling and what you are concerned about, and try not to focus on and over analyze those thoughts, try to focus on other things.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Jerry View Post
    You should be honest with your therapist about how you are feeling and what you are concerned about, and try not to focus on and over analyze those thoughts, try to focus on other things.
    I will talk to my therapist next week about it. I was going to talk to him This Wednesday but I got a new job and my hour's are pretty much twelve hour shifts.

It always sounds so easy to not be so analytical. But I've spent most of my life as a loaner always on the outside looking in. I was fine with that up until now really.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote stuck1nhead View Post
    I will talk to my therapist next week about it. I was going to talk to him This Wednesday but I got a new job and my hour's are pretty much twelve hour shifts.
    Let us know how it goes And congrats on your new job! Do you like it?

Quote stuck1nhead View Post
    It always sounds so easy to not be so analytical. But I've spent most of my life as a loaner always on the outside looking in. I was fine with that up until now really.
    I know, it is easy to start analyzing those thoughts, but when you do you can lose yourself in them and that isn't a good path to go down.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Jerry View Post
    Let us know how it goes And congrats on your new job! Do you like it?

I know, it is easy to start analyzing those thoughts, but when you do you can lose yourself in them and that isn't a good path to go down.
    The job is easy most days, but my boss demands that I stay out on the road until I get all my deliveries done. So that means on Monday's (our busiest) when I go in at 5:30am it is quite possible that I would be working until 8pm that night. Which will get old really fast in my opinion despite the money.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.