Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

Anyone tried protriptyline?

I'm currently on it for migraines and sleep disorder -- but suppose to have anti anxiety and anti depressant affects. Has anyone found it helpful?

Lunaire's Avatar Consumer of Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Unfortunately I don't have any experience with this one. I have found burning mint essential oil to be helpful for minor headaches though.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Total Eclipse...

I have never tried Protriptyline, but do know quite a bit about this medication.

Protriptyline, also known as Vivactil, is a tricyclic antidepressant. It was initially used to treat depression, and found useful in the treatment of anxiety as well. Depression and anxiety may feel completely different, but they are really like twins, both emanating from the hippocampus region of the brain.

Like many antidepressants, Protriptyline has been found to be useful in treating off label conditions such as headaches (migraines), other forms of chronic pain, and even used in the treatment of sleep apnea.

Like all antidepressants, what might work well for one person, may not have the same benefits for another. Finding the right antidepressant can be trial and error.

I do hope that the Protriptyline works well for you.

The very best to you, TE!... Chuck

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote MobileChucko View Post
    Hi Total Eclipse...

I have never tried Protriptyline, but do know quite a bit about this medication.

Protriptyline, also known as Vivactil, is a tricyclic antidepressant. It was initially used to treat depression, and found useful in the treatment of anxiety as well. Depression and anxiety may feel completely different, but they are really like twins, both emanating from the hippocampus region of the brain.

Like many antidepressants, Protriptyline has been found to be useful in treating off label conditions such as headaches (migraines), other forms of chronic pain, and even used in the treatment of sleep apnea.

Like all antidepressants, what might work well for one person, may not have the same benefits for another. Finding the right antidepressant can be trial and error.

I do hope that the Protriptyline works well for you.

The very best to you, TE!... Chuck
    It doesn't help with my anxiety but it's amazing for my migraines.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cool, Total Eclipse!... Chuck

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.