Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Adult bullying?

Jaded and cynical
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote whisperingzombking View Post
    I'm normally on another social anxiety support group. But experienced bullying there a few days ago. From a user then from a moderator. Can't even openly talk about it in the forums for fear of the mod. He even infractioned me and told me I provoked the bully, so in fact deserving the abuse.
    That's terribly irresponsible behavior from a moderator... I'm sorry you're being bullied on another site. I've never seen bullying on this site, so I think you'll find that you're safer here.
    Quote Radovid View Post
    I've been bullied a lot at work. Social humiliations, harassment, sexual harassment -- it's often condoned or instigated by some manager. Sometimes they think it's just funny. The usual rationalization is usually used: "You're too sensitive."

It's really upsetting, even when I manage to stand up for myself effectively. I can usually get it to stop, but it's demoralizing to have had to do that so frequently.
    If you're being sexually harassed at work, you can and should report it, and I'm pretty sure they legally have to fire the person who is sexually harassing you.
    "You're too sensitive" is one of the most common things bullies and abusers say to try to justify their behavior. They try to turn it around on you so it looks like you're overreacting. They're clearly the ones who are doing something wrong, not you.
    I'm sorry to hear that's been happening to you at work, I've been in similar situations in the workplace but I've found that if you report it to the right person the situation can improve.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Bullying and Cliques and just people being nasty to others is happening in all ages and the bullies think its funny they love to make fun of people and make people feel horrible then when called on the carpet they get worse and deny they ever done anything even when you can prove it I do not allow it to happen anymore because for one I am unable to work anymore so don't have to be around those people not that it happened for me at work but there was one lady who just tormented me from day one and then online and on anxiety sites and yes chatrooms people love to be grouped together and play stupid games and think that's okay I see it everyday . Stand up to them call them out or walk away and wash your hands of them..

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    bullying......don't know if you'd call it bullying....being lied about, yep; helping and then being [BEEP] on, yep!!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Gossipping is verbal character assassination to me.
    Bearing false witness moves things into a legal category.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    In grad school, some of my friends and I decided to take an elective class together. Partway through the semester, we came to find out that a clique of three or four women in the class were meeting for drinks after class every week and, during this meeting, would bash the other people in the class, myself and some of my friends included. They would do things like follow one of my friends to the restroom after class and talk about how stupid she was, and make fun of work other people submitted during collaborative group discussions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.