Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I’m very, very cautiously optimistic right now. I went thru absolute pure hell last week with stomach problems. I started a new med Thu night that seems to be working for me. This would be med number 30? 40? That I’ve tried? I have seriously lost count. Have been keeping food down finally. No (or very rarely any) nausea this weekend. My appetite is mostly back.

I haven’t jumped on a scale yet but I know I’ve lost some pounds the last couple months. My clothes fit looser. Losing weight the hard way. I guess that’s what happens when you eat one tiny, and I mean tiny meal a day, and go three to four days without eating anything at times.

Fingers crossed I found meds that work this time.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Total Eclipse View Post
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I hate migraines
    I hope u feel better Kay (((hugs))). A dark room, quiet and a cold washcloth on my forehead helps me when I get them.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Idk what it is, but the trend of feeling better is still going. I had some stress-related stomach aches for about a half hour today, but they weren't nearly as bad as they have been in the last year or so. No nausea, no vomiting. I'm eating, staying hydrated. I never thought I'd be so glad to feel somewhat normal. Not great. Just. Somewhat normal. Functioning.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    IndescribableIndescribable
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think I'm slowly starving to death and my family is just watching.
    *Fart noises*

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Having a blood test and hoping that your health has gotten worse so that you can actually start treatment and possibly maybe not spend all your time just...sleeping.

And then wondering if the work healthcare will fund this, but probably not. Although I'm at the point where I may just pay up anyway because for heaven's sake Im getting fed up with this.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    WorriedWorried
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have floaters too but I only notice them when I look at bright light. You kind of adjust after a while.

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Oof got a sore hip >.<

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I hope I become more and more sterile as I get older.

Doseone's Avatar Metacognizant
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Degenerative disc disease/herniated disc, random muscles twitches, and now my arms are feeling numb at times.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote sunrise View Post
    I have similar issues, except the twitching. But a couple days ago, I might have had a Xmas miracle. I noticed for a long time that my right shoulder was a lot tighter than my left whenever I tried to clasp my hands behind my back. So, just for the heck of it, I did shoulder stretches, really stretching it, and while doing so, I felt tingling sensations on my spine. Later that night, I slept without pain for the first time in a long time. I had already been doing leg/back stretches which provided some temporary relief, but I never connected tight shoulder muscles with back pain. I was at a point where I accepted the pain as a permanent part of life, but now I'm hopeful. Too early to tell though. Anyway, I hope you experience something similar....
    Aww, well thank you. I'm in the process of trying to go to physical therapy/figure out how much my insurance will cover, etc. I'm prescribed Tizanadine which helps with pain while I'm asleep (mostly because it knocks me out lol). I'm also taking Meloxicam, but honestly don't notice much of an effect. I do tons of stretches, but they're mostly just a temporary fix. My doctor said that I should consider surgery if I'm starting to feel numbness in my legs. I've only gotten an mri of my lumbar region (which showed moderate disc narrowing/a slight herniation), so I'm kind or worried of what they'll find when they do higher up on the spine which they want to do. I've been reading that numbness in the arms/hands is associated with the discs/nerves in your neck. =/ My muscles are also tight in my shoulders because I can't sleep without my hands over my head (I try not to lol). But yeah, sucks that you're also dealing with something similar. It sucks.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I hate having periods but I'm still glad I'm not a dude.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote sunrise View Post
    It blows. Yeah, I was thinking if your arms are getting numb, it sounds like something is going on higher up. Unless there's nerve impingement at the peripheral level because of how you're sleeping? Another MRI or x-ray sounds like a good idea. A doctor mentioned mild issues in my neck but so far I don't have pain up there, just occasional clicking sounds when I rotate my head. I had physical therapy. The first couple of sessions were helpful because they showed me new exercises that I hadn't tried before. I had a spinal steroid injection which didn't help. The thing that helped the most so far has been stretches and I want to avoid surgery if possible. If you have tight shoulder muscles, definitely bring that up with your PT if you get hooked up with one.
    Did the injection hurt? They recommended that as well, but I'm not sure if I want it. Lol.

I've been doing calisthenics exercises (L sets, leg lifts, hollow bodies), but even those don't really help. I'm pretty sure my back is just too fucked up at this point. I'd be down for surgery if it helped. I'm so sick of pain. I wish I had money so I could fly to Panama and get stem cell injections. I heard good things about it.
    "When I know that I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I know that I am everything, that is love. Between the two my life moves." - Nisargadatta Maharaj

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    @sunrise
    Yeah, that sounds shady. I watched a video on how the procedure is done a while back and the area seems very specific. I seriously doubt it could be accurately found by hand. That's pretty crazy! Stuff like that is what scares me about surgery. I guess that's the medical industry for you. =/ But hey, at least we have it better than when bloodletting and the like was the norm.
    "When I know that I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I know that I am everything, that is love. Between the two my life moves." - Nisargadatta Maharaj

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    So I got prescribed Tramadol which is a supposed to be similar to opiods, so I'm hoping this will finally help. I also got a shot of something yesterday which really helped (I forgot the name). I'm also finally going to be starting physical therapy soon.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote sunrise View Post
    Tramadol rang a bell and I realized I have a bottle of that. I didn't realize it was an opioid or maybe I did and forgot. I'm pretty wary of opioids, so I'll fill the prescription but they just end up sitting in the cupboard. Was that shot a steroid? Glad you're getting relief.
    I don't think it's technically an opioid, but it works similarly. Either way, I'm pretty cautious of the heavier stuff as well. It does seem to be helping, but not as much as that shot. It's not as strong as I thought it would be. But no, that wasn't a steroid injection. She told me the name, but I forgot it. I don't think I can get that everyday. It was just something that she offered, so I figured I try it. Lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.