Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Doseone View Post
    So I got prescribed Tramadol which is a supposed to be similar to opiods, so I'm hoping this will finally help. I also got a shot of something yesterday which really helped (I forgot the name). I'm also finally going to be starting physical therapy soon.
    I had a friend that used to take Tramadol for back pain whilst she was waiting steriod injections for it. It worked amazingly for her, so I hope it works for you too.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Gastritis. Not an emetaphobics favourite thing to pick up. Was throwing up so much I thought I was going to choke. Ended up in a hospital for a few hours. Late into the night. Having all sorts of tests done on me. Been fed drips and the likes. Now it is medication to allow the body to recover as it took a battering. Insides were raw. No hot foods for the first few days. Just hurt if I ate the wrong thing. All to do with the lining. Said me to the doctor ' It was like my stomach was in my throat '. Still recovering. Pains here and there. But starting to eat a bit more by way of hotter foods and drinks. My mother playing nurse buys all these healthy sort of foods. Bless her. My body is like ' what is this strange healthy food '.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I HATE ANTIBIOTICS! I hope I don't go back to the dentist for another problem after my crown being removed. I hope I only deal with cleanings there and less pain.

Doseone's Avatar Metacognizant
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    @sunrise
    I found out what that injection was called if you're interested. Toradol.

I also found out that my doctor is no longer practicing at the clinic I go to, so now I have to transfer or find another doctor. Plus my insurance only allows me to get a 7 day supply of one of my medications, so if I can't figure that out, I'm going to be in withdrawal land for the millionth time, basically. I'm hoping my new doctor will just give me a refill over the phone if I explain my situation, but who knows. If not, I'll just have to wean off, I guess. Grrrr.
    "When I know that I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I know that I am everything, that is love. Between the two my life moves." - Nisargadatta Maharaj

Doseone's Avatar Metacognizant
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I think it's because it's potential for abuse. They said I'd need to call my doctor, who would have to call my insurance and explain that it was longterm, persistent pain, which doesn't make much sense because she's the one that wrote me the prescription for a month supply in the first place. Just more unnecessary jumping through hoops. Sigh.
    "When I know that I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I know that I am everything, that is love. Between the two my life moves." - Nisargadatta Maharaj

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    So my mental health has been playing up lately. I've been advised to speak to a psychiatrist. So despite the fact that it has been stated to me many times that "people with my mental health condition greatly benefit from monitoring from a psych...well, that's not quite what happens. And you end up being seen only when a crisis happens. Sorry, two years after the crisis happens because of the waiting list. Unless you get lucky enough to bag a cancellation.

But I get private medical insurance through work. It was suggested that I contact them and see if I'm covered. I was sceptical because mental health - and certainly a pre-existing mental health condition - is often not. After a brief discussion with them over the phone though - and it turns out that work shelled out and they do cover it. I dont have to wait a long time for help.

(On a side note, the state of mental health care in the country has really, really taken a plunge. And whilst I will be forever grateful that the NHS stepped up and treated me when I was really Ill with this...bloody hell, it needs funding.)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    That is money does. Have it covered and get seen straight away. Not have it and they leave you to suffer.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    That is money does. Have it covered and get seen straight away. Not have it and they leave you to suffer.
    Yep, was discussing this with a friend today.

State system? Vastly underfunded and vastly understaffed. Current wait time in my area is eight months. The child mental health service is currently getting a large bollocking here for lists of approximatley two years so I guess I'm glad I've never had to deal with that rubbish. Mind you, it's hit and miss. I managed to see a psychiatrist within 3 weeks in the area I was living last. And got through the referals list for therapy here in five days.

Private healthcare? One call to the insurers, and they tell me I'm covered. I can get an appointment quickly. Given the amount of time I would have had to sit around waiting to see a professional through the NHS, I probably would have just opted to pay to see one upfront if I hadn't had this to be honest.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Been told that essentially my meds have stopped working and that its time to switch. Also been told that I'm showing "worrying signs of paranoia" during depressive episodes. Had a meltdown at work over this yesterday. I'm really beginning to hate my brain.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I have had post nasal drip for over a week, but it's only been in the last two days where the draining mucus collects in the back of the throat and underneath the "valve" where I have a bad cough and sore throat.....long enough to clear the area and then I am fine.

This is going to be another bad allergy year. I was told this week by the pharmacist that even people who have never had allergies before are feeling them this spring.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Psych has indicated I may be able to come off the Quetiapine soon. Never been happier to be honest. It would be nice to not feel like some utter zombie for half the day. It would also be nice to not have to argue with the GP over prescribing the damn drug. I'm not a fan of it, even if it is something of a wonder drug.

I mean, you would think it was simple to get. Consultant has indicated that I should take this drug. Therefore, the logical thing to do is to issue out the prescription. Im not abusing it, I'm requesting it monthly. But nope, that's not going to happen. This drug is redlisted (It costs to much - Mind you it's not exorbitant. ?5 for a month rather than ?0.70 for a month for the alternative which I cant take) in my area. (It wasnt however, redlisted an hour away, and nobody raised a fuss over me filling it.). I managed to get it issued out a few days ago after asking them if they were trying to make me ill. Doctor wasnt happy about issuing.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    WorriedWorried
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I go to a psychiatrist once a month
    He is pretty booked out. He is a quack. He didn't even recognize one of my mental health problems or how to treat it and he told me he would "read up" on how to treat Sensory Processing Disorder. They may help with meds, but nothing else it seems. I also have GI issues, but none are due to no gallbladder. It's fun when the gastroenterologist thinks it's anxiety when it's not. I have GERD (chronic heartburn) that sucks and more non mental health problems at only 20.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.